Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punch a Chugger for Xmas

Options
  • 08-11-2012 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Gwan you know ya want to :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Will do...now that I have your permission!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

good man. post pic or video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Not as good as a kick in the face tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Gwan you know ya want to :D

Its the season of giving as well as receiving.
    How would you like yours delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

how bout we line up and punch you instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought OP was introducing a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Advocating violence in the season of goodwill, Santa would shít himself if he heard this type of talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sometimes walking through town is like the opening scene from Airplane. Or was it Aiirplane 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

"Chunts" Sean Lock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's like the Serengeti out there with the unsuspecting public getting pounced upon by the predatory chugger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Do chuggers need to register or get some sort of a license to do what they do?

Can I just print up a good-sounding T-Shirt and carry a bucket around Grafton Street and collect money for myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why stop at a punch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

UCDVet wrote: »
    Do chuggers need to register or get some sort of a license to do what they do?

Can I just print up a good-sounding T-Shirt and carry a bucket around Grafton Street and collect money for myself?

You'd have to register yourself as a charity first but once your registered it's pretty much unregulated from their on, so you're fine.

Call yourself the boardsies benevolence fund or what have you and off you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

you also need a permit from local cop shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Collecting change in a bucket around xmas seems to be fine,

Preventing me from moving in the general direction in which i want to proceed whilst trying to asertain my bank details for a monthly contribution of your choosing = punch in the face

Kick to the crouch should also be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah c'mon now, chuggers are not just for Xmas......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Frynge wrote: »
    Kick to the crouch should also be an option.

Ah Jaysus leave poor Peter out of this, I know he's an annoying lanky streak of piss but it hardly warrants a kick in this instance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

racso1975 wrote: »
    you also need a permit from local cop shop

Yeah but given the kind of stuff you see people collecting for, thats gotta be a formality.

You just have to give the impression it's for a good cause and nobodies gonna be able to come after you. There's 'charities' in Ireland taking in huge amounts of money with no accountability, calling yourself a charity is the best scam out there imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'd pay to punch a chugger and the money can go to charity. Everbody wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I chugged for a couple of years about twelve years ago in London and it was great fun. Good money, few pints every lunchtime, travel to the seaside regularly etc. and trust me, the London public are a lot harsher critics of chugging than the Irish(we worked occasional weeks in Belfast and Dublin).

And of course we very occasionally got insulted by people. But it was only very rarely. All the keyboard warrior tales on here of telling chuggers to fúck off and the like crack me up. You might get told to fúck off once a week at most in reality. Most of you just look away or try not to make eye contact. Which is fair enough.

It's been 10 years since i did the job, and looking back I wonder why I did, but it did help to progress my career by moving into management.

Now when I see a chugger I just say "Sorry, not got the time"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

summerskin wrote: »
    I chugged for a couple of years about twelve years ago in London and it was great fun. Good money, few pints every lunchtime, travel to the seaside regularly etc. and trust me, the London public are a lot harsher critics of chugging than the Irish(we worked occasional weeks in Belfast and Dublin).

And of course we very occasionally got insulted by people. But it was only very rarely. All the keyboard warrior tales on here of telling chuggers to fúck off and the like crack me up. You might get told to fúck off once a week at most in reality. Most of you just look away or try not to make eye contact. Which is fair enough.

It's been 10 years since i did the job, and looking back I wonder why I did, but it did help to progress my career by moving into management.

Everyone is a tough guy behind the keyboard :)

I agree with this 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I despise and loath chuggers personally.

Not even just the act of chugging, which is annoying in itself but its the combination of two very specific personality traits that make them pariahs in my eyes.

On one hand they are the type of person that is willing to take money off unsuspecting people for their own personal benefit under the pretense of it being for charity and on the other hand they have that infuriating 'glee club', soulless, shallow and fake persona that really gets under my skin.

The two together just really annoy the shít out of me. While I wouldn't endorse vigilante justice against chuggers... I would completely understand anyone feeling the need to punch a chugger in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'd pay to punch a chugger and the money can go to charity. Everbody wins!

Hahaha love this idea. If they really care about the charity they'd at least let you leg kick them for a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

summerskin wrote: »
    I just tell them that I already give money every week to them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I just ignore them but the only time I got really angry with one was when I had a shìt day at work years ago and was walking home with my headphones on, in foul form. Walked by a hip and happening youngster who was chugging but I just ignored him and kept walking.

Next thing, the little shìt pulls the headphones off me:

Dickhead: "Hey dude. Wanna, like, give money for........."

Me: "THE FÙCK!?!"

Dickhead: "Woah man, like, chill out. I'm just collecting for a good cau....."

Me: "Fùck off from around me!!"

Didn't feel bad, especially a few days later I saw him do the exact same thing to another guy who nearly punched him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Joy to the world
    the chuggers are dead,
    I shot him in the head
    they then got disembodied
    with a hacksaw that was shoddy......

I've given up, my creative juices have stopped flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In a way I like chuggers, it makes me exert myself more and get some exercise when I frantically dance around the streets to avoid them. Creatures of the daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Why just at Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

patdshaker wrote: »
    I just tell them that I already give money every week to them :rolleyes:

I've said "No thanks I'm grand" by accident a good few times now.

Usually I say "Sorry, in a rush"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

First ask to see their permit , then tell them it looks fake.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2011/en/act/pub/0005/print.html
    For the purposes of this Act, a person begs if—

(a) other than in accordance with a licence, permit or authorisation (howsoever described) granted by or under an enactment, he or she requests or solicits money or goods from another person or other persons, or

(b) while in a private place without the consent of the owner or occupier of the private place, he or she requests or solicits money or goods from another person or other persons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement