Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for friends from Waterford

Options
  • 08-11-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,

I'm an international student here in Waterford, Ireland, and I'm loving my stay here <3

I'd love to meet some cool and friendly Irish people, if somebody's interested to meet up or just be friends on facebook, maybe?

The link to my facebook profile is following:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004097227662

Or you can find me on Skype by searching "stg600"

Thanks

Sean O'Jamot (My new Irish name) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Welcome aboard. Snazzy new Irish name you have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShahnawazJamot

Thanks buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Good stuff Seany boy, tell us a bit about yourself, where you from, you are a student , what you studying? Enjoy the city !!

Hi Old Perry,

I'm from one of the neighborhoods of Karachi city of Pakistan. It's just my 2nd month in Ireland

Yes, I'm a student. I'm studying for a Higher Diploma in Applied Computing.

Thanks, and how about you? What's your name and what do you do for a living?

Do you like large bottles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Edz87 wrote: »
    Do you like large bottles?

Sure I'll have a smithwicks please.....

large bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

large bottles?

In Waterford and the south-east it's the tradition for people to drink their beer, cider, etc. out of "large bottles". Typical drinks consumed like this would have been Guinness, Smithwicks, Phoenix (a beer native to Waterford but not available any more I believe - though someone might correct me on that), and of course Bulmers - the popular cider from up the road in Clonmel.

For the real Waterford experience, get together with a few butties (friends) and go up to Johnny's (Downes's pub on Thomas St) and order yourself a large bottle of Bulmers.

Advertisement