Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Ram for 09 mac

Options
  • 08-11-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

want to upgrade the ram in my imac wheres the best (cheapest) place to get it from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

I got some this week for a 2010 macbook pro from crucial.com. Quick delivery and a cinch to install

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

bigfeller wrote: »
    I got some this week for a 2010 macbook pro from crucial.com. Quick delivery and a cinch to install

Does it come from the US? Did you get stung by customs if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

draffodx wrote: »
    Does it come from the US? Did you get stung by customs if so?

It comes from the UK (crucial.com/eu).

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Yep - UK. Ordered Friday. Arrived Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Excellent, thanks guys. One more question, does it come well packaged? I might try using parcel motel to see if I can avail of the free UK delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

draffodx wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks guys. One more question, does it come well packaged? I might try using parcel motel to see if I can avail of the free UK delivery.

Yes it comes well packaged, but there's free Irish delivery as well.
    If you go to the Crucial site, you can see:
    crucial wrote:
    Free Shipping is available in the following European Union countries
    Austria Belgium
    France Germany
    Ireland Italy
    Netherlands Spain
    Sweden

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

I got corsair 16gb for €60 on amazon.co.uk. That was for a 2011 MBP. But it's just to demonstrate to shop around.

You will need to find out the type/speed/max allowed for your machine however.

Advertisement