Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain Rot

Options
  • 08-11-2012 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

My friend has brain rot. Brain rot in this case is that he has an opinion on everything, every topic, everything that is going on in the world. This may not seem like a problem but it is so tiring and really tedious that he tries and succeeeds to dominate every conversation we have as a group with his never ending opinion.

It is really draining having someone with so many words to use on so many topics. He also taps his fingers while talking as though he is recording it in some database in his brain so that he can repeat in the future at the merest mention of a topic that may have a similar tone.

Does anyone else know of anyone like this and if so how do you deal with it or have dealt with it.

How do you deal with repetitiveness, I am close to telling him to fcuk off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Spiritual wrote: »
    My friend has brain rot. Brain rot in this case is that he has an opinion on everything, every topic, everything that is going on in the world. This may not seem like a problem but it is so tiring and really tedious that he tries and succeeeds to dominate every conversation we have as a group with his never ending opinion.

It is really draining having someone with so many words to use on so many topics. He also taps his fingers while talking as though he is recording it in some database in his brain so that he can repeat in the future at the merest mention of a topic that may have a similar tone.

Does anyone else know of anyone like this and if so how do you deal with it or have dealt with it.

It's pronounced fuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

i think i have brain rot, in the sense that i have no opinion on, or interest in, anything at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

That's not brain rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Yeah, you just described all of AH there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Yeah, you just described all of AH there...

I did?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Sounds like everyone on After Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

My friend is like this... I just tend to tell him to shut up when he starts rambling on and trying to get a rise out of someone so he can have a debate with them.

My friend is like this... I just tend to tell him to shut up when he starts rambling on and trying to get a rise out of someone so he can have a debate with them.

I think it is rude to tell someone to shut up, so not an option.
    Thanks for posting a piece of advise, I was sure I had asked a question.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Opinions aren't like arseholes, not everyone has one....

If not opinionated then you may he wrapped up in your own personal life or worse still; yourself most of us who ultimately befell thus fate will seize any opportunitstic subject regardless of being out of our depth... sigh.

Opinions aren't like arseholes, not everyone has one....

If not opinionated then you may he wrapped up in your own personal life or worse still; yourself most of us who ultimately befell thus fate will seize any opportunitstic subject regardless of being out of our depth... sigh.

I am sure there is advise in your post. I will try and decipher it and thank you if I do manage.

When or if I get a thanks option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I think it is rude to tell someone to shut up, so not an option.
    Thanks for posting a piece of advise, I was sure I had asked a question.:)

Well I'm pretty comfortable with this guy and he knows he rambles so that's why I can tell him to shut up and he won't take offence. Maybe when having a discussion and your friend starts to do this just try not rise to it there is no way of saying you are too over opinionated and are wrecking my head nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Is this anyway like cock rot?

Well I'm pretty comfortable with this guy and he knows he rambles so that's why I can tell him to shut up and he won't take offence. Maybe when having a discussion and your friend starts to do this just try not rise to it there is no way of saying you are too over opinionated and are wrecking my head nicely.

It won't matter, he knows himself that he does this but still continues to carry on with the same behaviour. So much so that some good intelligent friends have just said enough is enough and don't bother with him any more. This has brought the whole social aspect of our group to a bad place.

Some are away in their own splinter groups carrying on behind the scenes and he pretends that he isn't aware of it but continues to be happy to continue with the deterioration of the whole dynamic, to the point it will just crumble and seize to exist. He seems contented to just have an endless line of new people to express his abundance of opinions to but doesn't realise he has lost the quality of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sadly alot of people like that who use boards aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Is there any topic your friend doesn't know about? If there is put that into a conversation and watch as he looks aimlessly around wondering what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

I see your brain rotten friend and raise you one brain rotten friend with a stutter.:(

KKkitty wrote: »
    Is there any topic your friend doesn't know about? If there is put that into a conversation and watch as he looks aimlessly around wondering what to say.

Lack of knowledge on a subject is not a deterrent to him. He will literally Google and repeat mid flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

My friend has brain rot. Brain rot in this case is that he has an opinion on everything, every topic, everything that is going on in the world.

Yeah I've met a few dubs all right.

Lack of knowledge on a subject is not a deterrent to him. He will literally Google and repeat mid flow.
    Then steal his phone and laptop for a bit and see how much he knows. He must love the sound of his own voice.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Then steal his phone and laptop for a bit and see how much he knows. He must love the sound of his own voice.

He is backed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

I thought this was gonna be about zombies

disappointing thread is disappointing..

He is backed up.
    You'll catch him out eventually. Hate people like that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Punch him in the face. HARD

Punch him in the face. HARD

Thank you for the suggestion but violence is never the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I think you'll find the harder you punch him the quicker he'll shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

What's never the answer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Tell him you think he suffers from Kruger-Dunning syndrome. ;)

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Tell him you think he suffers from Kruger-Dunning syndrome. ;)

And be accused of having it, I know his games.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatsthetime

I am sure there is advise in your post. I will try and decipher it and thank you if I do manage.

When or if I get a thanks option.

How do you get a thanks option?

• Advertisement

How do you get a thanks option?

It's there now so I assume it is after a certain amount of posts. Must re-read the charter.

Advertisement