Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asked to be sponsor for confirmation

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

So i got asked to be a childs sponsor for her confirmation, what do i do? and when does confirmation take place ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Ask your friend what it is you do and when it takes place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Onesimus wrote: »
    Ask your friend what it is you do and when it takes place.
    well hes not sure either and the child doesnt seem to know either so yeah i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

well hes not sure either and the child doesnt seem to know either so yeah i dont know

Well in that case here ya go: Confirmation Sponsor Guide book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

A sponsor is to confirmation what a godparent is to baptism. If your godparent did a good job it's nice to ask him/her again.

My dad was my sponsor... shouldn't have been allowed and i really didn't benefit from it. I reckon if you're not able to fulfil the role you should politely decline. Otherwise, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Do we really need any more reasons as to why the education system needs to be secularised? At this stage, most going through these Catholic rituals have no idea what the sacraments is about as well as having no interest in it. The preparation for them should be left for Sunday, or after school, or something along those lines so that the children of parents who truly believe should be able to partake. As it stands, most parents see it as a day out and most kids see it as Cashfest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I'm closing this thread as it's been dormant for over a fortnight and there is no need for yet another thread about whether the education system should be secular or not - there is an ongoing discussion on this forum and countless in A&A no doubt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement