Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Reception' problems with BBC radio stations on upc

Options
  • 07-11-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if reception is the right technical term but they keep breaking up like a bad phone line, sometimes more silence than sound. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I the only geek that listens to Radio 3, 4 etc.:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I'm getting this on UPC as well at the moment. Listen to the BBC WS a fair bit. Try shifting 5 mhz or so & the reception should improve a bit, though I don't think it will be in stereo then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

Dunno if reception is the right technical term but they keep breaking up like a bad phone line, sometimes more silence than sound. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I the only geek that listens to Radio 3, 4 etc.:P

Is this happening when using a digital set-top box to listen to radio stations, or using a cable connection to an FM radio??
    If the latter, they are likely letting it go into a state of decay, since they have already discontinued putting BBC radio stations on the analogue FM band on cable elsewhere in the country (certainly in Cork city)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Antenna wrote: »
    Is this happening when using a digital set-top box to listen to radio stations, or using a cable connection to an FM radio??
    If the latter, they are likely letting it go into a state of decay, since they have already discontinued putting BBC radio stations on the analogue FM band on cable elsewhere in the country (certainly in Cork city)

The former, and the explanation wasn't anything so technical: I just hadn't the lead plugged in right.:o

Advertisement