Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you know about 06/07 Citroen C5 1.6HDI

Options
  • 07-11-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am considering buying a 06/07 Citroen C5 1.6HDI

Do any of you own a C5 or have you had dealings with one.

I see it does approx 60mpg extra urban.

I've been searching all day and am not able to find out much about known issues for the above.

I have friends telling me to stay away from citroens and others telling me they are a great car.

Any information/advice welcome

Would you suggest a different car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Friend had a 07 one for a few years, no problems whatsoever, lovely car. Don't know what mileage he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bally2009

same engine peugeot uses. good power (110bhp) with great mpg. dpf can be a pain but you can get them removed for about 200-330 quid. them cars are going cheap enough these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The 1.6 diesel unit needs the correct oil when it is being serviced. Hence, a full service history is a must, really, a must with these engines.
    The 1.6 HDi is a very popular engine and is used is a very wide variety of vehicles. They are a good design and are very reliable when looked after correctly. However, when they are not serviced with the correct oil, or not done in time, they will go wrong.
    Like I said, a proven service history with evidence of the correct oil, is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Handles like the starship enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The parents have a C5 110 1.6hdi.

Never any problems, lovely cruiser and it's economic to boot. I've said before, they're the automotive equivalent of a sofa (for comfort, there also not a bad handling car)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

have a ford focus with the same engine in it...endless problems
    new turbo...ford wanted 1500
    new dpf ...ford wanted 1650
    egr valve went
    throttle body needs replacing
    all very expensive

just be careful op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

have a ford focus with the same engine in it...endless problems
    new turbo...ford wanted 1500
    new dpf ...ford wanted 1650
    egr valve went
    throttle body needs replacing
    all very expensive

just be careful op

Wrong oil gave rise to the turbo issue... Common problem with people putting cheaper oil in it

New DPF... Definitely wouldn't hand over €1,650 to Ford... As stated earlier in the thread these can be removed for around €200 permanently

EGR Valve... not sure what would have given rise to this but I do agree that these are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

dpf removed and remapped for 500
    recon turbo( 1 yr warranty) and all pipes related 700 fitted
    egr valve damn good clean no problems since( 600 miles ago)
    car has FULL FORD service history so I would expect them to put the right oil in to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

Had two c5, best cars I ever had, (although a head light did fail once), love citroens

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BoDiddly

I've got an 03 C5 2.0HDI Exclusive, 60.00k miles. My first C5 and I'm very happy with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement