Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job - are christmas presents expected?

Options
  • 07-11-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

OK I just started new job a few weeks ago in a small office. There are four of us (all female)

I am terrified that these ladies will exchange christmas presents and include me, I don't think I am here long enough and I don't really know my colleages that well anyway.

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Have bottles of wine on standby. If nothing happens, you can get hammered instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Have bottles of wine on standby. If nothing happens, you can get hammered instead!

Yeah was thinking of doing that just incase! I don't drink though - ha! I'm sure I could get rid of them anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Tell them you don't believe in Christmas :P

Tell them this if pushed:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I'm sure I could get rid of them anyhow.

Just hand them out as gifts no matter what happens. That'll turn the tables on them.

You could also just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Yeah was thinking of doing that just incase! I don't drink though - ha! I'm sure I could get rid of them anyhow.
    A boards.ie Christmas raffle!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

What should I do?

Kill them :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Are you really terrified?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

You're going to be fun to work with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Just buy them something small anyway - box of chocolates each or bottle of wine

Make them look like the stingy ones :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,188 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Make donations in their name to the human fund.

Money for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Are you really terrified?

Iike 'hiding behind the couch terrified? :)

lukesmom wrote: »
    Iike 'hiding behind the couch terrified? :)

No, I am not really terrified, lol. I really used the wrong word there. Just don't want to look stupid if they all exchange gifts and I have nothing to give, or vise versa! lol

fedor.2. wrote: »
    You're going to be fun to work with

I am loads of fun. You don't need drink to have fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Just get them small presents. If they don't get anything for you sure what of it, you were nice enough to make the gesture. If they do get you something you have something to give in return. Win win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

There are four of us (all female)

What should I do?

Get a bottle of cooking oil, childs swimming pool and a webcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I am loads of fun. You don't need drink to have fun! :D

We will see:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Relax, you should relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Just be upfront and say "Do you normally do an office Kris Kringle or anything?"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just be upfront and say "Do you normally do an office Kris Kringle or anything?"

Or alternatively just say to them tomorrow, "Jaysus that Christmas, load of bollix, wha? One big fooking scam and racket!!"

Don't think they'll bother to buy you a present or expect one from yourself OP!

Advertisement