Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update 8.2: A Chinese tank tree?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

they must be struggling for cash , i see very few brit tanks on the server .I presume its made for the chinese ex-pats in europe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

WG are not short on cash. But a lot of it seems like easy targets for addition. Very few of the models are new, just add a few new turrets and hey presto, full new country to keep people grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I agree with Spear. They've just introduced the British tanks, no need to introduce the TDs or arty until shine has worn off the tanks. Plus there might be a little more testing/tweaking to be done with TDs and arties due to damage/reload speed.

This seems like an easy patch to churn out and it doesn't hurt it should please the potentially huge market over on the Chinese server :)

Don't forget too, most F2P games like to keep on a steady schedule when introducing new content to keep players interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Chinese tree has been pulled from 8.2 to be reworked:

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/4790-changes-update-82/

The US oscillating turrets/autoloaders are still in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And the new T10 heavy Chinese tank is suppose to have close to auto ricochet turret (I guess it will be like going up against a T34 at T8 again :P ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Not just the turret.
    Overlord: "There is a possibility that tier 10 heavy will be changed for "113" with nearly-auto-ricochet upper front hull at 68 degrees. Expect some bouncing"

Didn't realise the top 3 Americans had the auto-loaders, I'm a bit tempted to go for them now.

Jingles has a preview vid of the T57 heavy:

I can't find any info on the 113. Google doesn't show anything, and 113 is a bit generic to search for. The only info I've seen is WG stating that the armour is at a 68 degree slope, and just short of the auto bounce angle.

EU patch date is the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

No so interested in seeing a Chinese tree, given that the majority of the tanks already exist in other nations trees.

I would prefer to see a Japanese tree.

• Advertisement

CruelCoin wrote: »
    No so interested in seeing a Chinese tree, given that the majority of the tanks already exist in other nations trees.

I would prefer to see a Japanese tree.

The Chinese tree is pretty much the entirety of patch 8.3 now. There's still no sign of the Japanese tree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    The Chinese tree is pretty much the entirety of patch 8.3 now. There's still no sign of the Japanese tree.
    I think the second German TD tree is next one coming; maybe with some extension to the UK tree (as it is still missing TD/Arty).

Nody wrote: »
    I think the second German TD tree is next one coming; maybe with some extension to the UK tree (as it is still missing TD/Arty).

It doesn't look likely:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/184896-list-of-preliminary-additions-in-83-version/page__pid__3445844#entry3445844

Spear wrote: »
    Sorry I meant for the 8.4; this would tie back with the original 2012 plan of UK tech tree and second German TD line. Overlord then came back stating that the second German TD line was unlikely to make the cut for 2012 around September time.

Advertisement