Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pages question, in relation to MS Word....

Options
  • 07-11-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can solve this for me as this issue hindered our work yesterday:(

I have recently installed pages onto my mac mini at home, and typed up minutes of a meeting, then used gmail to send off the attachment to the office.

When I installed Pages, I made sure to read up about it, to ensure it was compatible with MS Word, and it stated that it can send documents as MS Word blahblahblah......

On getting to the office yesterday, we were unable to open up the document on Windows 7 computers (laptop and PC were both tried).

So why, can we not open up the attachment? We get a notice saying this file cannot be opened as there is no previewer installed, and on the other machine it just offered a list of programs to open it with. (None of which worked btw.)

MS Word just opened up when we chose it but didn't load the document either, and web couldn't find a suitable program. We tried searching on google, and were given a list of stuff, with various downloads saying they work with everything....am going through online stuff again and similar posts to see if I can come up with a solution in the meantime :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi mumof2,

For Word to recognise a pages document you will have to open the Pages document and go to File and then Export.
    In the options given you will be able to save it as a Word document and then mail that.

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi mumof2,

For Word to recognise a pages document you will have to open the Pages document and go to File and then Export.
    In the options given you will be able to save it as a Word document and then mail that.

IM

Oh my God, I should have known it was that easy:o Thanks so much. Trying it out now, as Im back at the office tomoro:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

No trouble at all.

Advertisement