Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The final nail in the RGB/composite AV comparison

Options
  • 07-11-2012 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,596 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

I just came across an absolutely brilliant website with comparison screenshots between composite and RGB, across loads of different consoles.

The pictures are RGB by standard - move the mouse over them and they'll turn composite. It's all captured directly without any screen photos.

http://www.chrismcovell.com/gotRGB/rgb_compare.html

Finally, the non believers should be able to now see what I keep banging on about :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In reality, there is no comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

RF for the win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

RF for the win.
    <3
    "..Sure now that the rabbit ears don't work we need something to do with the connection on the black and white portable telífis so we do.."
    sb0101.jpg
    me rowing to the shiopa to buy more RF splitters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm guessing there's probably a few folks on here that have no idea what rabbits ears are let alone ever had to fiddle with them to get a reception. :pac:

Reminds me of when we were kids and had a single colour tv in the house in the sittingroom. Gaming on the C64 was done on a little black and white - after about 30 mins of play or so the tv picture would develop a warping the width of the screen that would roll down from top to bottom and cause it to flicker. Basically had to turn it off for a while and back on to clear. The "good" old days. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A visual representation of the composite brigade:

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A visual representation of the composite brigade

:pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 12 Chachi

When I think back that I used to play the snes and ps1 using RF I shudder..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A visual representation of the composite brigade:

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

But, he does double as a bicycle stand in that position!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But, he does double as a bicycle stand in that position!

And maybe a bottle opener :)

Advertisement