Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiere Pro CS4.

Options
  • 07-11-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi! I'm new here so I hope I'm going about this the right way! :D

I need help using Premiere Pro CS4. I’ve imported .MOV files from the camera I was using which is a Canon EOS 550D. I’ve tried rendering the footage but even still I’m having the same problem.

The footage is playing the audio in real time but the frames are sticking and it won’t play properly, which as you can imagine is making it impossible to edit.

Can anyone help me? :)

Feibhár B-W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I seem to remember coming across this problem.

I currently use a 600d and CS6 which is no problem just importing the raw footage.

I think that cs4 couldnt natively import raw EOS dslr footage without converting it first. cineon converter or somesuch was the name of the converter people used.

but that problem went away I think when I upgraded my machine to 64 bit, even when i still used cs4.....I think.

Anyway, I dont have the problem anymore. Its either you need to upgrade to 64 bit or cs5/6 or else you need to convert the file into something cs4 can read.

Hope that helps.
    B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Also make sure your PC is capable of editing HD video files. A lower spec'd machine will have frames sticking as it can't render them out fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

You say you've tried rendering, do you mean pre-rendering within premiere pro (by pressing the Enter/Return key)? If it still lags after that I'd guess its a hardware problem. How much RAM & video RAM do you have?

Advertisement