Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebook am I mad?

Options
  • 07-11-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Have always written be it poetry or stories. I decided to write about a topic close to my heart and that is bereavement. I have it typed out on the open office ebook template and want to get it on amazon preferably. Is this the best way to go - amazon? To reach a wide audience? After pouring my heart and soul into my book I'm actually losing confidence about it and I don't know why this is. It's not a self help book more 'what not to do'. Any thoughts or inspiration would be appreciated.

Lukesmom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hi Luke's mom i spent three months writing my first book for kindle amazon about men getting pregnant and it's such a pain/pleasure to get it out there my advice go with your heart not your head. the process is so easy and lots of advice available. get it formatted and apply it to the right genre and press release button and enjoy the feelings that will follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I converted it to pdf and then to kindle on amazon. Only problem is the first line on the top of page 2 has gone back to the bottom of page 1 and I have been trying to edit this in adobe acrobat pro but it still is wrong on the amazon page? any tips

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Use Sigil to edit it in epub format instead.

Use Sigil to edit it in epub format instead.

Thanks will try that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

lukesmom wrote: »
    Have always written be it poetry or stories. I decided to write about a topic close to my heart and that is bereavement. I have it typed out on the open office ebook template and want to get it on amazon preferably. Is this the best way to go - amazon? To reach a wide audience? After pouring my heart and soul into my book I'm actually losing confidence about it and I don't know why this is. It's not a self help book more 'what not to do'. Any thoughts or inspiration would be appreciated.

Lukesmom

does it cost anything to make an ebook? do you have to pay amazon?

• Advertisement

Fuinseog wrote: »

does it cost anything to make an ebook? do you have to pay amazon?

Hi no it costs nothing only your time and effort. It's very enjoyable though. You don't pay amazon for them to sell your book but when someone buys a book amazon take 30% of the money and you get the rest. Go for it

Advertisement