Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New here - Headphones purchase

Options
  • 07-11-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I am new here.
    I just received some vouchers and was looking to buy a good pair of headphones.
    The likes of AKG, Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic to name a few.
    I actually had some favourites and they were the AKG 550 and the Denon AH-D400 and D600. So before buying them I wanted to try them and wanted to know which stores (preferrably in Dublin), sell these headphones or other brands like Beyerdynamic, Klipsch, Sennheiser, Logitech, V-MODA, etc.

I apologize if this was in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Headphones & Portable Audio Devices

Better place to ask methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Beats by dr.dre can't beat them for sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Cork24 wrote: »
    Beats by dr.dre can't beat them for sound
    picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The headphones forum heads are super helpful. When I'm at a computer I'll move this thread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you need headphones for listening to music, gaming or also to make calls?
    Do you prefer a certain type like in-ear or over-head?

I myself am looking for headphones too and tbh it's bloody jungle of them out there. But indeed, try some on in a shop first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 tino96

I prefer circumaural cans and mostly I would use them for music. I need them to be noise isolating and closed back.
    I just need to try them out before I buy them. I have heard that the K550s don't have a good clamping force on some people.

I need some shops that sell brands like Beyerdynamic, Klipsch, AKG, Ultrasone, Sennheiser, Logitech, V-MODA, Denon etc.

My favs are The AKG K550, the Ultrasone Pro 900, the Denon AH-D400 and D600, the Sennheiser Momentum, the Soundmagic HP100s, the V-MODA M100s (I know they are not out yet).

I can go anywhere around Dublin provided they have some of the models listed above.
    I can also go outside Dublin provided it's not like 100km distant. Still suggest if they shops are anyway but tell me where they are and how far they are from Dublin.

I hope you can help.

Advertisement