Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

125cc Trike; Can I use it?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So I've acquired a 125cc Yamaha Virago trike recently. I have an A1 provisional license and I'm not sure whether I can drive it. So can I? And how would I go about insurance/registration etc.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,967 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

MossieBass wrote: »
    So I've acquired a 125cc Yamaha Virago trike recently. I have an A1 provisional license and I'm not sure whether I can drive it. So can I? And how would I go about insurance/registration etc.:confused:

Is the bike registered? If it is get fill in the log book/VLC and post off to Shannon. If not registered you'll need to book it into the NCTS for VRT and maybe get an engineers report.

Call the 4 insurance companies for a quote ( Liberty, Aon, Aldelaide and Carole Nash) some won't quote a permit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

do trikes not need a car license?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Wossack wrote: »
    do trikes not need a car license?
    I think so. Technically they are not a bike so a bike licence doesn't cover you.

Advertisement