Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy washing machine

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:01pm

hello all..I replaced the door seal on a washing machine last week,Everything was fine until today during the spin,when it became very noisy,When the spin starts its fine,but a couple of mins later it gets very noisy.It goes through the cycles fine,just near the end of the spin.Any help would be welcome...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

What machine?

Its a tricity bendix aw851 billy 800 spin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You could try pressing on various places during the spin cycle, see if you can damp it. Try adjusting the legs? After 20 minutes the other day trying to adjust the feet to stop the vibration in my own I just stuck a folded strip of rubber between it and the cupboard and that sorted it.

Just a spring clamp holding that on.

If you turn the drum by hand can you hear and/or feel the noise ?

It sounds like the drum is rubbing on something,but if that was the case,I would think it would be there from the start.....it starts ok.

• Advertisement

It sounds like you have something that has slipped down between the rubber and the drum, if thats the case you should feel it there if you turn it by hand ?

It sounds like you have something that has slipped down between the rubber and the drum, if thats the case you should feel it there if you turn it by hand ?

I took off the front of the seal today and rolled it back into the drum to have a good feel around,to make sure it was ok there.I didnt see or feel anything .I will have another check tomorrow.

If thats the case a strong magnet will help remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭raymick

i have the same problem with a bosch it is a bit of a squealing sound in the spin cycle not the whole time though it washes fine there is no sound off it when you spin the empty drum either it is getting louder though

Advertisement