Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus Grant?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    I am in second year, and I am wondering how likely are you to get a special Erasmus grant for studying abroad for one or two semesters, in France for example. How much could you receive from this grant and are this grant and the normal Irish grant for studying In Irish colleges mutually exclusive, in that you can only receive one or the other? I've heard the amount people received from this grant at 500 euro and others have said 2-3k. Information and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Hey,
    I am in second year, and I am wondering how likely are you to get a special Erasmus grant for studying abroad for one or two semesters, in France for example. How much could you receive from this grant and are this grant and the normal Irish grant for studying In Irish colleges mutually exclusive, in that you can only receive one or the other? I've heard the amount people received from this grant at 500 euro and others have said 2-3k. Information and advice would be greatly appreciated.

What part of France are you heading to ?

I'm going to Clermont in January for a semester and will be getting 1300.
    If you already receive local authority grant you will get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

There is currently problems with the commission's finance in relation to this years erasmus grant. You should keep an eye on the developments that are happening on this issue because there is a good chance that if you decide to go, your amount maybe affected.

If you go for an academic year to France, you will get 1-1.5K under the current system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 flashinglights

I was thinking of Toulouse 1 Capitole. So the amount you receive is the same if you go for a semester or a year? Also does everyone who gets accepted to Erasmus who wants a grant, get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Everybody who applies for the travel grant will get one. There is some additional funding that you can apply for on top of that i.e a few hundred euro if you're from a low income background or going to a less visited country.

No you would receive more if you were spending a year there because the grant is calculated on a monthly basis. Also the amount depends on the country you're going to.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/erasmus-funding.htm

That website should give you the information you need.

I'm going to the Czech Republic at the end of January. The semester abroad will work out considerably cheaper for me than where I am in the uK. However, I will probably spend the extra money on going travelling while I'm over there. :)

Advertisement