Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Apps "frozen"

Options
  • 06-11-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I upgraded to Windows 8 last week. I'm having problems with the "apps" that came with it, like the mail, messaging, people, calendar, finance, etc. The first day they all opened perfectly but since then they won't load at all. Once I click on them the screen goes white or in some of them a little circle appears as though it's loading but it never does. As I opened Facebook on the laptop I now can't log out of chat which is very annoying. Would anyone have any idea how I could fix this? I know it's not a huge problem but I'd like to fix them rather than have to delete them. Cheers for reading :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Was this a clean install or did you upgrade-in-place and from which OS? What are the specs of your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

Overheal wrote: »
    Was this a clean install or did you upgrade-in-place and from which OS? What are the specs of your PC?

I bought a laptop a few weeks ago so got the upgrade package that came with that. I just downloaded it once I got the email that it was ready. I upgraded from Windows 7 and its an Intel Core i5-2450m CPU 2.50 GHz, 64-bit Operating System.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I'm having the same problems as the OP and have the same specs on my laptop.
    Really want to go back to win7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

having the same recently.

mainly with the mail app - just get the loading circle.

i just win-key and then to desktop and try it again.

or just alt+f4 the damn thing.

desktop specs are not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

megapixel wrote: »
    I'm having the same problems as the OP and have the same specs on my laptop.
    Really want to go back to win7
    It would be the best thing to do, windows 8 is the new Vista and of course some on hear will swear by it and it's great and it's boot time is 15 seconds faster than 7 and all that jazz, well it's not better than 7 and never will be, before anyone says well have you used it, yes I've wasted 59 euro on it and ran the beta version for a few months, it's my own fault as I didn't like it in beta, we all learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

200motels wrote: »
    It would be the best thing to do, windows 8 is the new Vista and of course some on hear will swear by it and it's great and it's boot time is 15 seconds faster than 7 and all that jazz, well it's not better than 7 and never will be, before anyone says well have you used it, yes I've wasted 59 euro on it and ran the beta version for a few months, it's my own fault as I didn't like it in beta, we all learn.

It's in it's infancy, all it really is, is Windows 7 with a UI thrown over it. I wouldn't write it off completely until I see a SP

For those still having this issue try to do a minimal startup to see if its not a software conflict: if it was working at install and now it's not that's likely the issue.

Just press Win+R, run "msconfig" and choose a diagnostic startup. Reboot and try running the apps again.

I haven't had the same error. What programs have you guys installed? Which pieces of security software are you running, etc?

200motels wrote: »
    It's the little things.

230819.png230818.png

They make me go ":)"

Advertisement