Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could i be pregnant?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

No judging please...
    I had my last period finish the 3rd of oct and havent had one since,havent had sex either so definetly not pregnant (ive been going to the doctor as my periods are usually irregular and im awaiting a scan) anyway i had unprotected sex this weekend and is there a point in worrying for the next 2 weeks that i could be pregnant if i mustnt even be ovulating if i havent gotten a period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No judging please...
    I had my last period finish the 3rd of oct and havent had one since,havent had sex either so definetly not pregnant (ive been going to the doctor as my periods are usually irregular and im awaiting a scan) anyway i had unprotected sex this weekend and is there a point in worrying for the next 2 weeks that i could be pregnant if i mustnt even be ovulating if i havent gotten a period?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

No judging please...

no judgement here, sure we've all be in the same boat at one point in our lives. I'll be factual though-
    anytime you have unprotected sex you are putting yourself at risk of a pregnancy (among other things), ovulation or not. I wouldn't be freaking out at this point though, chances are you are grand but if you can i would still and try and get a morning after pill to be on the safe side. (they are only effective up to 72 hours after intercourse though, not sure what your time window is)

no way to tell this soon after intercourse though about pregnancy. Just try to not stress (that can delay your period) and in the mean time sort out some contraception ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

I would think you will need to have a pregnancy test to know for sure if you are pregnant or not. We can offer you our opinions but at the end of the day that is all that they are. The only way for you to know for 100% sure is to have a test. I hope that helps.

Advertisement