Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a VHS player be bought anymore???

Options
  • 06-11-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I have a VHS player/dvd combi I bought 2nd hand a few years ago. It's well worn out now, but the kids have a load of videos that they still like to watch. Is there anywhere selling VHS players anymore? I *think* they stopped making them in 2008, but even a working 2nd hand one?

Im in cork/kerry :-)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Adverts.ie or a car boot sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Ive seen them on sale in Saturn stores on the continent (Netherands/Germany/Poland) but the only ones on sale in the UK/Ireland Ive seen recently are DVD/VHS combo units.

A VHS machine from continental Europe might have slight compatibility issues with UK/Irish TV's due to different sound standarts but this would only be a serious problem via the RF (aerial) port. If SCART connections were used this wouldnt be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I have a VHS player/dvd combi I bought 2nd hand a few years ago.
    Oh my.. I had one of these COMBO units a few years ago... WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!!!

VHS playback was aweful...... I got rid of it and got a stand alone VCR (Since i dont like DVDs anyway.. (I prefer analogue media if i can get it -- BETTER QUALITY))

Good luck my friend,i hope by now you have gotton one icon7.gif

Have you checked Ebay??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Dude111 wrote: »
    VHS playback was aweful...... I got rid of it and got a stand alone VCR (Since i dont like DVDs anyway.. (I prefer analogue media if i can get it -- BETTER QUALITY))

Seriously ? I trained on VHS machines and the best of them couldn't compete with a decent DVD playback ! Especially on audio output ! I'm an analogue fan myself but honestly , VHS was abysmal ! Less that 3MHz video bandwidth and way less that 1MHz chroma bandwidth is poor by modern standards.

Ken

Advertisement