Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Sullivan withdraws from remainder of season

Options
  • 06-11-2012 3:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Today Ronnie O'Sullivan has withdrawn from the remainder of the snooker season citing personal reasons.
    I feel this is more a full time retirement from the Rocket and I'm sure in due course we will find out.
    As a huge fan of O'Sullivan I'm sorry to hear the news today but whatever happens we should all forget about his indiscretions and instead remember the countless memories he gave us on the table.

Here's the statement from World Snooker.......

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsArticles/0,,13165~2972006,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

well said zack, its hard to know if this is a full retirement from ronnie. as it stands i hope he does well if he decides to return for the 2013/14 season. he will be a big loss for the sport imo and the masters, uk and WC at the crucible won't be the same without ronnie competing there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A sad loss to snooker and to sport, he was a fantastic player and a great character of the sport.

To be fair, it was written on the board for a while that he would leave the sport prematurely, but I never thought it would be so soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

A sad loss to snooker and to sport, he was a fantastic player and a great character of the sport.

To be fair, it was written on the board for a while that he would leave the sport prematurely, but I never thought it would be so soon...

The Hitman said on twitter that he will be back to defend his title in 2013. I really hope so..I bet he'll be back. Donesn't want to let his ranking slip too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 layercake1

rocket ronnie is a legend anyway!!! fast player the way the game should be played.......... take note steve davis!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 layercake1

jimmy white vs R.o.s final would be the best ever on telly!!! (make it happen)

• Advertisement
Advertisement