Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots Airport - €3.99 Deal

Options
  • 06-11-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

I know this was posted a couple of years ago but didn't want to bring up an old thread. This is still going and very good value. Used it for the first time yesterday. Got a chicken and bacon sandwich, 330ml Tropicana and a yoghurt for €3.99. Better than a fiver for a sandwich on the plane. Much nicer and way better selection also.

Deal includes any sandwich, any drink and any snack for the €3.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Mr.S wrote: »
    Been a deal for years now! All of the boots that do food do it too, handy for the City Centre etc:)
    Didn't know the regular shops also did it. By far the best value to be had anywhere in the airport.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Very handy for a plane journey all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Yep always grab this before getting a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Only bargain in the whole place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A flight to the sun for a few weeks is always a bargain to me ;)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Also works for triple deckers, large cadburys bars and red bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The best value for money is a triple decker sandwich, a big can of red bull and a bag of natural confectionery jellies. Also if you have a student travel card you get 10% off so it's only €3.60!

When I worked at Boots I bought this deal for lunch every day so I'm well versed in this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

The only Boots outside the Airport that I have seen doing this deal is the Baggot Street shop. they definitely don't do it in Dundrum - perhaps other posters can add to the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

phasers wrote: »
    a big can of red bull and a bag of natural confectionery jellies.

I bought this deal for lunch every day

I hope the Boots diabetes test is also to hand...........

I get it in jervis sometimes and the large cadburys dairy milk (150g I think) is a beast and better than the jellies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

How about the gold circle :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Very handy for a plane journey all right.

Yes but there is no boots from Terminal 1, you can only shop at Boots at terminal 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

terencemc wrote: »
    How about the gold circle :D ?

When you consider the cost of eating at some concessions in Dublin airport, the €25 lounge access fee for non-GC members could begin to make sense for some. Helping yourself to soup, sandwiches, crisps, a newspaper, wine/beer/spirits, bottles of water for the flight, soft drinks and a bar of chocolate etc. could quite conceivably result in a saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Thanks people, looking forward to this when i get away next weekend.... Beats paying €10 for a breakfast in the airport, and a c**p fried breakfast at that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Mr.S wrote: »

You mean theres no Boots in Terminal 2.

Boots is in Terminal 1 Airside, opposite Starbucks / underneath Burger King etc.

If your flying from Terminal 2, its about 10 mins walk from T2 to Boots in T1 :)
    Yes your correct its only in the older terminal, :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesco's have a sandwich/drink/bar deal for €3 also (not in the airport obviously) throughout their chain

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Tesco's have a sandwich/drink/bar deal for €3 also (not in the airport obviously) throughout their chain

Awful sambos in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

sweetie wrote: »
    Awful sambos in fairness

I like the beak and claws wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

phasers wrote: »
    The best value for money is a triple decker sandwich, a big can of red bull and a bag of natural confectionery jellies

Haha, I get the sushi, olives and san pelligrino water!

I bet you're still skinnier than me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Beats paying €10 for a breakfast in the airport, and a c**p fried breakfast at that.....
    There were 2 places in whatever terminal I was last in. One was "wrights from howth" and I guess it might be pretty good, but was crap, I would have preferred the mcdonalds breakfast TBH. Nothing to stop you bringing McD or BK through security to the gate or onto the plane, just not drinks of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

rubadub wrote: »
    Nothing to stop you bringing McD or BK through security to the gate or onto the plane, just not drinks of course.

A lot of people don't realize you can bring food through security. Always bring my own sandwiches with me, cheaper than elsewhere and tastier too :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

homer911 wrote: »
    The only Boots outside the Airport that I have seen doing this deal is the Baggot Street shop. they definitely don't do it in Dundrum - perhaps other posters can add to the list...

Liffey Valley, Blanchardstown and Jervis all do it too. Not sure where else

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

TheDriver wrote: »
    I hope the Boots diabetes test is also to hand...........
    The Red Bull was sugar free :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Kat1170 wrote: »
    A lot of people don't realize you can bring food through security. Always bring my own sandwiches with me, cheaper than elsewhere and tastier too :D:D

It's rather they are too lazy to do food themselves, especially if you are all over going on holiday, flight etc.

Advertisement