Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deregulation

Options
  • 06-11-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Interested to hear peoples' thoughts on whether the radio sector in ireland should be deregulated, is a regulator necessary? should we leave it to the survival of the fittest ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

on the one hand i would say yes to de-regulation but we may end up with 1 company controlling the whole commercial radio sector and it could also lead to real dilution of radio stations (okay this is happening but it could mean the end of the likes of the late show and the phone show, love them or hate them they do have the bottle to push bounderies) to be honest i wouldn't like the idea of having our commercial sector head down the way of the uk which may happen with complete de-regulation, i would agree though with the idea of survival of the fittest and allow stations to apply for a licence (frequencies permitting) but if they succeed great and if they fail so be it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement