Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Sandy Flights Cancelled - Refund?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Our flights from New York were cancelled last week by Aer Lingus due to Storm Sandy. The earliest flight we could get was yesterday which meant we had to stay at out hotel for an extra four nights, costing us an additional €1500 on accommodation alone.

We spoke to Aer Lingus helpdesk at the airport and were told we would have to write for a refund etc but were pretty vague about the whole thing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

pauljb wrote: »

I can't find my watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

We spoke to Aer Lingus helpdesk at the airport and were told we would have to write for a refund

I'd start with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

How dare you OP, Sandy also hit Cuba. CUBA. Are THEY getting a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hi pauljb. After Hours really isn't the forum to be asking this question if you're looking for serious answers.

I suggest you try the Consumer Issues forum.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement