Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two finger swipe in safari

Options
  • 06-11-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭

When I scroll down using two fingers in safari, it often tries to zoom out so I can view all of the tabs that are open. It's fierce annoying! Can I turn it off?
    I couldn't see it in the keyboard settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Try unchecking 'Smart Zoom' in System preferences/Trackpad/Scroll & Zoom Tab/Smart Zoom. Maybe your two fingers are tapping every so often and that starts a smart zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think that might do the job. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Good to hear! I think 'less is more' when it comes to trackpad gestures

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What's happening is that instead of scrolling you are pinching in with two fingers which is activating Tab View, a new feature in Safari 6. Disabling Smart Zoom won't stop this from happening. You'll have to disable pinch-to-zoom entirely. Or learn to scroll properly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, it was very bad this morning! (I must be useless at scrolling :o)

• Advertisement
Advertisement