Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atoms For Peace (Thom York) announce album tracklisting

Options
  • 06-11-2012 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this.
    The singer also confirmed he hopes to tour with Atoms For Peace once the album has been released.

The tracklisting for 'AMOK' is:

'Before Your Very Eyes…'
    'Default'
    'Ingenue'
    'Dropped'
    'Unless'
    'Stuck Together Pieces'
    'Judge, Jury and Executioner'
    'Reverse Running'
    'Amok'

http://www.nme.com/news/atoms-for-peace/67019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great, I'll be looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Great stuff. I didn't know who was in the band (apart from Yorke) until now. looks interesting, and default is a savage tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's gonna be such a great follow up to The Eraser. I hope if Radiohead do another album though it's less Thom-orientated as I felt some of the tracks on The King Of Limbs had an overly electronic presence in his style.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

This has been leaked

Stream
    http://amok.atomsforpeace.info/

sounds great

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just on my first listen there now, so excited for this release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

It's not bad. Not much of a departure but didn't expect one.

Requires further listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's not bad. Not much of a departure but didn't expect one.

Requires further listening.

Agreed. Thus far it sounds very much like 'The Eraser' Mk II, which is no bad thing. Alas, everything pales beside mbv at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Holy sh1t! fell out of love with Radiohead for sometime now, but this, well this is bloody great!

It's really growing on me. Some nice bits in here. I'll see the songs performed on decks by Thom and Nigel this Friday.

It's really growing on me. Some nice bits in here. I'll see the songs performed on decks by Thom and Nigel this Friday.

Where are you going to see them? I think it's fantastic, really strong all round, some great tracks on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The opening track and Dropped are the stand-outs for me. Really solid album IMO

Where are you going to see them? I think it's fantastic, really strong all round, some great tracks on it.

In East London. Really looking forward to it.

nocoverart wrote: »
    The opening track and Dropped are the stand-outs for me. Really solid album IMO

Agreed. Judge, Jury... sticks in my head a lot too.

The gig was good but nothing spectacular. I was expecting something extra from Thom and Nigel. They didn't play Judge, Jury. The sound wasn't that great either. I drank far too much whiskey though.

We were given a special poster to commemorate the event at the end.

Some more dancing from Thom.

No Irish dates on the tour. 3 for UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Some more dancing from Thom.

What a super track. The soft vocals make it.

Not sure about the video though. He looks like paul whitehouse in one of those Aviva adverts tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

What a super track. The soft vocals make it.

Not sure about the video though. He looks like paul whitehouse in one of those Aviva adverts tbh...

He looks Richard D Aphex twin to me.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

not gone on the album at all. I think his first solo album and the last Radiohead album did this already. It's not bad, but not enough to make me want to buy it....
    I think for this type of music, TV on the Radio are doing something far more original, but they seem to have gone by the wayside since their bass player passed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Thats quite good, be interesting to see if there was versions of songs off the album, sort of performed in that stripped down, piano demo versions, that would definitely be worth watching/listening to :p

Advertisement