Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oliver Callen

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Whatever happened to him? Is he still employed by RTE ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I think Green Tea is coming back, but he could have competition now that Mario Rosenstock has joined RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is mario doing radio aswell as tv? Or sticking on gift in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

No Mario is just doing TV. Yeh was wondering if Callan was dropped from RTE or what? He is not even featured in the new season for the Saturday Night Show!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is Mario giving up GG? Hadn't heard that...

Had heard he was getting a show on RTE alright, but had heard no mention that he'd be moving off of Today FM.

Was Callen the guy behind NobNation?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is Mario giving up GG? Hadn't heard that...

Had heard he was getting a show on RTE alright, but had heard no mention that he'd be moving off of Today FM.

Was Callen the guy behind NobNation?

Indeedily doodily...personally, I find Rosenstock better...Callan's writing can sometimes be a bit lazy and predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Indeedily doodily...personally, I find Rosenstock better...Callan's writing can sometimes be a bit lazy and predictable.

Have to say I didn't find NobNation even remotely funny 90% of the time.

That said, Gift Grub has gotten stale at this stage too... would love if we could get a decent satire segment going again... GG focuses too much on celebrity these IMO. Still has its moments, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, that was very OT. Carry on! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

I think Green Tea is coming back, but he could have competition now that Mario Rosenstock has joined RTE.

Was it not axed to make room for Clare Byrne ?

Advertisement