Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webcam Video Capture

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a program for recording video from a webcam. Preferably free and in mp4 format? It's for a friend so I'm waiting to hear about the software that came with the webcam but for now I'm assuming it's unsuitable or unavailable. Also I'm sure VLC would probably do it but something a little more "just press this button and it works" would be ideal. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's a tutorial on how to do it with VLC using a command-line version (don't worry, everything appears to be very well explained) here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Also recommend VLC, it ain't too complicated. Windows Movie Maker may be easier, but your friend will then have to convert the WMV output to MP4 (which is also not a big deal).

Here's another illustrated VLC tutorial.

Most other "freebies" are riddled with ad/spyware and better be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Thanks to both of ye. I've sent her on Torqay's link which explains it better than I could have and with pictures too! VLC would always be my go-to program for this kind of thing, I just thought there might be 1-button solution I hadn't heard of. Thanks again.

Advertisement