Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No CPC card

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

My partner rang the RSA today enquiring about his CPC card. They told him that he had too many CPCs done and he will have to repeat his fifth one next year. When he has this repeated he will get his card. He is going mad and who can blame him. :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Redsquigy wrote: »
    My partner rang the RSA today enquiring about his CPC card. They told him that he had too many CPCs done and he will have to repeat his fifth one next year. When he has this repeated he will get his card. He is going mad and who can blame him. :mad::mad:

That makes no sense. I'd ring again and speak to someone else for a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Sounds similar to my situation....I have to repeat my C theory test to renew my EC learner permit...even though I passed my C theory test in 2003 and hold a full C licence?!
    ..... the official RSA Theory Test book even states (on page 5) "Note that you do not have to pass the same theory test more than once".

Strange RSA rules???!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

If your partner has grand father rights ie had either truck or bus license prior to September 08/09 they do not require a drivers cpc card till 2013/2014,Only then will the likes of the Gardai/RSA look for the cpc card.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Donkeyballs - yes he has grandfather rights - but they will not register his CPCs as they said that he did the last one too quick!! He should have waited and done it in 2013. So hence no cpc card. Just another money making racket I think.

Donkeyballs - yes he has grandfather rights - but they will not register his CPCs as they said that he did the last one too quick!! He should have waited and done it in 2013. So hence no cpc card. Just another money making racket I think.

I take it he has a bus licence as for the CPC registration what the RSA are saying is a load of crap while they say that a module has to be done every year,There is nothing stopping a person doing a module just say before sept 10th of this year which is the date you need to have them done by and then doing another one on the 12th sept.
    All the RSA states is that a person must have done a module prior to the 10th sept,They don,t mention having to do them in specific months etc and anyway the modules will have been logged onto the RSA system from the course provider.
    So as long as a person has a copy of the course certificate for each module the RSA will have to issue the CPC cards from sept next year.

• Advertisement

Jasus thought you were dead DonkeyBalls! Welcome back!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I take it he has a bus licence as for the CPC registration what the RSA are saying is a load of crap while they say that a module has to be done every year,There is nothing stopping a person doing a module just say before sept 10th of this year which is the date you need to have them done by and then doing another one on the 12th sept.
    All the RSA states is that a person must have done a module prior to the 10th sept,They don,t mention having to do them in specific months etc and anyway the modules will have been logged onto the RSA system from the course provider.
    So as long as a person has a copy of the course certificate for each module the RSA will have to issue the CPC cards from sept next year.

I heard of one person who did all 5 modules in one year. The EU directive never said they had to be done annually.

OP dig around the CPC site and the EU CPC directive. If there's no mention of 1 per year then go back and ask why they are making up the rules.

In the UK a driver can sit all 5 modules in one go they can also have 2/3 modules accredited to them if they hold an ADR licence.
    The EU CPC directive states that member states professional drivers should have all 5 modules done by 2013/14 , Seemingly the RSA decided to have both bus&truck drivers do one module per year, Considering the logistics of a busy transport company having every driver do a full weeks course in a year, Would be a nightmare to organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

If your partner has grand father rights ie had either truck or bus license prior to September 08/09 they do not require a drivers cpc card till 2013/2014,Only then will the likes of the Gardai/RSA look for the cpc card.

They do not require CPC card from people who acquired rights automatically, but it would be nice if there was a possibility to have them issued.
    In most other EU countries, guys got those CPC cards (or alternatively code 95 added to their driving licence) as confirmation that they aquired rights automatically.

I have D licence from before 10th Sept 2008, so I got grandfather right.
    I asked road transport inspection in Poland, and they said they would fine me for not having valid CPC if they stopped me.
    But then on the other hand I asked RSA, and they told me it was impossible to get CPC card before I had all 5 modules done. And that my licence is a proof of aquired rights. And it is perfect proof in Ireland, but not necesserily on the continent.
    Sad that law which are EU laws and should be unified, arent't !

This was all 3 years ago, but even now.
    I already have 4 modules done, and I could do 5th anytime now.
    I asked RSA would I get my CPC drivers card now if I do 5th modules, and they said that I can do module now, but I will have to wait until 10th September 2013 to have my card issued.

And in the end - I recently passed a driving test and all initial CPC qualification for trucks (so far I had only bus).
    And I got CPC qualification card, but it have written on it, that my CPC qualification (code 95) applies to C licence. Noting mentioned by D category. That obviously confirms what they told before, but it's even more ridicuolus IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corkboy10

just new to this but can someone explain to me the following,if i hold a driver cpc for the trucks what do i need to obtain the same for buses,do i have to start all over again?????

thanks in advance
    Corkboy10

• Advertisement

You have to do the Bus theory test, Bus Case Studies,MCQ and then the Bus CPC test. So the Bus + Truck means you have to do 6 Modules over 5 years. It's an expensive ole hobby!

thanks for that faith,i was told by some people i only had to do the case studies as the MCQ's cover both

corkboy10 wrote: »
    thanks for that faith,i was told by some people i only had to do the case studies as the MCQ's cover both

TBH I'd ring the RSA to be 100% sure, it's alot of money to be throwing around! If the MCQ covers both well at least that's one less!

found another thread which confirms i only have to sit the bus case studies,thus a saving of 72 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

corkboy10 wrote: »
    found another thread which confirms i only have to sit the bus case studies,thus a saving of 72 euro :D

Provided you already passed MCQ.
    If you aquired rights for you truck CPC automatically you have to pass both (MCQ, case studies).
    Also I'm not sure if there isn't any time limit from passing this test. F.e. something like 2 years.

Passed parts 1,2,3,4 of the truck cpc this year,i do know if you pass the case study part of the bus test you must take the practical test within 2 years,only have a provisional bus licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

I have the c lience.only have one cpc done yeat.is it four iv to do.when j
    have they to be done by?
    Also i was in the tax office last week.rsa have a poster up.if u have ur lience before sept 2008 u automaticly get ur cpc or did i read it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I have the c lience.only have one cpc done yeat.is it four iv to do.when j
    have they to be done by?
    Also i was in the tax office last week.rsa have a poster up.if u have ur lience before sept 2008 u automaticly get ur cpc or did i read it wrong?

Complete all mods by sept ... You need mods before you get cpc ... Better get your skates on!

Complete all mods by sept ... You need mods before you get cpc ... Better get your skates on!

Feck i taught it was only bus drivers that had to have it done by this september

Feck i taught it was only bus drivers that had to have it done by this september

It is only Bus drivers that have to complete there modules by next month truck drivers by 2014.

• Advertisement

I have bus and truck. Acquired rights. I have 5 done in last few months 6 th next week. I do them at red cow hotel.
    The last day the instructor said rsa require all mods completed by this sept.
    It had been by sept 2014 .. On that advice I am doing last one next week!

It is only Bus drivers that have to complete there modules by next month truck drivers by 2014.

Thank god for that.i may get them done still.5 for truck licence is it?

Thank god for that.i may get them done still.5 for truck licence is it?

Ring rsa. Sept 2013 all completed was last instruction to cpc providers.

anybody experiencing delays in receiving their cpc card???apparently theres a massive backlog???????

Ring rsa. Sept 2013 all completed was last instruction to cpc providers.

Im not going to get them done by then.what happens then?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Im not going to get them done by then.what happens then?

Acquired rights Bus driver need mods 1,2,3,4 and 6 by 9/9/13
    At this stage acquired rights should have 4 of 1,2,3,4,5 complete by 9/9/13.
    If you only qualified in either of these Cat lately then you only need 1 mod per year since your anniversary of getting licence and Cpc qualification.
    For example some drivers who only passed their test in 2011 would only need 2 mod to be compliant.

If you've fallen behind for either licence then you can complete required modules to catch up.

If you don't and are stopped?

€5000 fine for vehicle owner
    €2000 fine for driver

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ASAI

hello,
    does anybody know if I have 95 code do I still need to get CPC?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

ASAI wrote: »
    hello,
    does anybody know if I have 95 code do I still need to get CPC?
    thanks

I have all CPC's with code 95 and still have to do it. (Better late than never to reply i guess)

KC161 wrote: »
    I have all CPC's with code 95 and still have to do it. (Better late than never to reply i guess)

Code 95 means that a driver is subject to the CPC regs, Also if either a bus or truck driver just say stops driving for a living for more than 5 years he/she will only have to do 5 modules.
    A lot of people think that if they stop doing the CPC modules for just say over 10 years that they will have sit 10 modules,They do not have to they only have to sit 5 modules.
    Here is a link to the codes most common on bus and truck is 101 subject to medical.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Learner%20Drivers/inserts_explanation_codes.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement