Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Clarke bitchy comments

Options
  • 05-11-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

What is the deal with all the bitchy comments John Clarke is making about 2fm every week now on his 2fm show ? He was the boss of the station for 11 years and it was years ago during his time that the rot started. He is the man who made many disasters schedule changes at the station. Remember all the failed shows during his time? Damien Mccaul @ breakfast, Rick and Ruth @ breakfast, Marty in the morning, Colm and Jim Jim, Damien Farally at lunchtime, Michael "whats for dinner" Caill in the afternoon, and many many more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I always liked John Clarke and didn't hear his comments. What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I'd like to know as well. I've a lot of time for John Clarke. He's proper old school and I don't know enough about his time at the station to comment on the roster management as I don't know what type of things he wanted to try or whether the decisions were entirely his own but he's a great man behind a mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Yeah he is constantly at it, he was criticising Michael Cahill the other day in an odd rant. Michael was on later in the day on Sunday and John was reading a promo for Michael's show and used Michael's name after every other word while reading the promo in an attempt to be sarcastic, very odd. He also cristicised RTE's new movie show which he said is only half an hour long but has four presenters, havent seen the show myself but he really should keep opinions about his employer to himself. Heard him criticise tubridy about his loyalty to rte during the summer when he was doing the beeb, so i agree with the OP, there isnt a week that goes by when he doesnt moan about something. John clarke is another example of somebody who should be put out to pasture, he clearly has a chip on his shoulder about something, if a younger dj moaned as much as he did he would be out of a job in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well he'd be right about the Movie Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

mike65 wrote: »
    Well he'd be right about the Movie Show.

Quite possibly, but if you're hosting a show you shouldnt be negative especially about your employer, it wouldnt be tolerated from a young dj.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

I think he has a chip on his shoulder because he was pushed from the pd gig by Clare Duignan. Ms duignan is glad to have her two yes men running Radio 1 and 2fm.

Advertisement