Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mynote 14SE heating not working when there is already hot water

Options
  • 05-11-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Got a strange problem with my Vokera Mynute SE14. When starting from cold and requesting to make hot water and heating everything seems to work fine: system fires up normal, water gets hot and the heating starts working (you can hear/feel the water circulating through the pipes and the different radiators get warm.

Now, when you don't use the hot water but the radiators (and the flat) are getting cold, the system doesn't fire up anymore. Playing with the thermostat, you can force the boiler to try again, but it stops immediate.

Other things I have noticed:
    The system has two Honeywell motorised valves V4043. When I put them on manual (open) they behaviour is exactly the same.

During normal operation (ie after a cold start) the pump stops immediately after the heater switches off... I would have expected the water to keep circulating for a while, especially if it stopped heating up before the room thermostat considered it warm enough.

The pump seems to otherwise operate fine... you can feel/hear the difference when you turn it down from level 3 to 2 and 1. Normally I leave it at 3.

Does anyone have any idea ?

Cheers,

Ward

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Sounds like the motorised valve for the heating is faulty. To confirm you will need to check to see if you have voltage on the aux wire when demand is on. If you are getting heat through the valve when hw is on, so motor is open, but micro-switch is not going to NC position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wardvw

Thanks for the feedback...

Both motorized valves let hot water through when demand is on.

When I turn down demand for heating (by lowering the thermostat), one valve closes. Turning demand back on and the valve opens again. The burner was on and stayed on during the process.

When I turn down demand for hot water (by switching hot water demand off, as the timer would do). The other valve closes. But this time, it also stops the burner, even though demand for heating is still on. Switching demand for hot water back on, and a few seconds later the burner starts again and the valve is open.

No matter what I try, it seems impossible to have the burner on for heating purposes only... is this normal behaviour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It would appear to me that your Heating motorised valve is either not wired in correctly or the micro switch on the valve is faulty.
    You need to check the end of the cable from the valve and check if the orange and grey wires are connected to anything and if there is continuity across them when the valve is open.
    (Be carefull they may be Live)
    The boiler and pump instantly stopping suggests that the boiler and pump are only operating off a switched live connection and may have no permanent live connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

K.Flyer wrote: »
    It would appear to me that your Heating motorised valve is either not wired in correctly or the micro switch on the valve is faulty.
    You need to check the end of the cable from the valve and check if the orange and grey wires are connected to anything and if there is continuity across them when the valve is open.
    (Be carefull they may be Live)
    The boiler and pump instantly stopping suggests that the boiler and pump are only operating off a switched live connection and may have no permanent live connection.
    Absolutely agree. The issue has to be with the switched live from the CH motorised valve and/or wiring of same.

Advertisement