Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate fees grant approved - but considering dropping out

Options
  • 05-11-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I recently learned that I will be getting the maximum allowed amount of fees paid for my postgraduate course. I have already paid the first semester fees and am waiting on the money to be paid so that I can pay back my family who lent me the money.
    Thing is, I'm having doubts about my course, and even the career area that follows it. I haven't made any decisions as of yet.
    If I were to drop out, would I still get the money approved by SUSI to cover the fees for the first semester? Obviously, I don't want to leave my family out of pocket. Would I be safer waiting until the money is through before making a decision? I'll probably stick it out for the rest of the semester anyway (things might get better) but would like to know my options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

mosi wrote: »
    I recently learned that I will be getting the maximum allowed amount of fees paid for my postgraduate course. I have already paid the first semester fees and am waiting on the money to be paid so that I can pay back my family who lent me the money.
    Thing is, I'm having doubts about my course, and even the career area that follows it. I haven't made any decisions as of yet.
    If I were to drop out, would I still get the money approved by SUSI to cover the fees for the first semester? Obviously, I don't want to leave my family out of pocket. Would I be safer waiting until the money is through before making a decision? I'll probably stick it out for the rest of the semester anyway (things might get better) but would like to know my options.

Hi. Please follow the below link to the Statutory Instruments of the Student Grant Scheme 2012:

http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1339418623/Student_Grant_Scheme_2012.pdf

Please see pages 13-16, titled ‘Period of eligibility and progression’ Article 15. Spanning from sub-sections (1) - (10) this article outlines the periods of eligibility and rules of progression for applicants.

Starting on page 18 of the PDF, titled 'Postgraduate courses — progression' and continuing up to page 20 you will find the rules of progression for Postgraduate students outlined in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Cheers, I'm actually going to stick with it...was having a really bad essay day when I posted!

Advertisement