Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find Knorr Thai Chicken soup anywhere

Options
  • 05-11-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I am having serious cravings for this soup but it seems to be discontinued. It's disappeared from my local Supervalu and Dunnes. Checked Tesco in Mahon Point and it wasn't there either. Haven't seen it in months.

Has anyone seen it recently? I have emailed Knorr about it, just waiting on reply. I tried the Cully and Scully one but its just not a patch on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I know the one you mean, delicious so it is !!!

I'd say it has probably been discontinued but I hope not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Time to make your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

That's my plan B. I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to perfect a recipe so it tastes exactly like the mother's milk that is the Knorr soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Believe me when u make your own u will realise how bland shop made is !

cookie75 wrote: »
    Believe me when u make your own u will realise how bland shop made is !

I make my own soup all the time but this particular shop bought stuff is far from bland. It is perfection. And now it's gone :( I'll give that linked recipe a go soon and post the verdict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 notjenny

Responding to an ancient post here, but I remembered your phrase "mother's milk" from back when I was also desperately trying to find any sign of the Knorr Thai Chicken, and thought you might like to know it's resurfaced? Now just called "chicken soup" or something similar, but still has all the chillies and baby corn and so on, basically the identical soup.

And I agree - the home-made version is probably lovely but it's just not quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

notjenny wrote: »
    Responding to an ancient post here, but I remembered your phrase "mother's milk" from back when I was also desperately trying to find any sign of the Knorr Thai Chicken, and thought you might like to know it's resurfaced? Now just called "chicken soup" or something similar, but still has all the chillies and baby corn and so on, basically the identical soup.

And I agree - the home-made version is probably lovely but it's just not quite the same.

This is one of those times when it's worth resurrecting an old thread, I had given up on looking for the Thai chicken soup, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

I'm thinking this is the one that notjenny is referring to?

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274992131

I actually figured out that the soup was repackaged and renamed sometime after posting this thread - thats the right one ncur. I had even emailed Knorr but they never replied. It tastes the same but I think the pouch is smaller.
    Thanks fellow detectives!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Dont ya just love a happy ending!

• Advertisement

Me and my soup against da world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 notjenny

*sniff* *wipes away tear* But seriously I was so chuffed about the re-emergence of this soup that I felt I had to share the good news with the internet! It also appeared just around the time I was getting pregnancy cravings for it - clearly someone up above/at Knorr loves us and wants us to be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Knorr Scotch Broth seems to have vanished off the shelves as well.

No mention of Scotch Broth on their website either. Knorr, stop turning our world upside down.

Advertisement