Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazen mobile phone theft - stolen from girl sitting inside café

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

This morning, about 9am I was about to enter a coffee shop on Nassau St. (Dublin) and heard a loud scream then a man ran out the door, pushed passed me and ran off.

He had stolen a phone from the girl sitting at the first table, well inside the door. She had been texting and hadn’t noticed a thing until it was too late. I suppose her saw her from outside busy on her phone, walked in slowly and grabbed it.

By the way, the girl left a minute later and probably won’t inform the police. I'm annoyed I didn't stop him but I only realised what happened after.

If it happened on the street or even a pavement café I would understand but this is new to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Let's hope he doesn't kill uncle Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Benji1974 wrote: »
    pavement café

You are not from around here are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That brazen thief should be garotted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Benji1974 wrote: »
    This morning, about 9am I was about to enter a coffee shop on Nassau St. (Dublin) and heard a loud scream then a man ran out the door, pushed passed me and ran off.

He had stolen a phone from the girl sitting at the first table, well inside the door. She had been texting and hadn’t noticed a thing until it was too late. I suppose her saw her from outside busy on her phone, walked in slowly and grabbed it.

By the way, the girl left a minute later and probably won’t inform the police. I'm annoyed I didn't stop him but I only realised what happened after.

If it happened on the street or even a pavement café I would understand but this is new to me.

You mean it would be ok if it happened on the street or a pavement cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Maybe he just really needed to make a call?

Just another consequence from the disappearance of pay phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Was in Meteor yesterday and the girl there said that their live i-phone had been robbed 6 times off the display by just been yanked off the wall. This is inside a shop, inside a shopping centre. Who is buying these stolen phones off the robbers and for what purpose? they must be offering a decent price for them.
    The other half's sister had hers snatched out of her hand in front of her 8 year old in broad daylight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

I saw this happen to a girl a few years back, lad on a bmx. Total scum only about 14 as well. He fumbled and dropped it though so she got it back as he kept on cycling.

They seem to target woman a lot and people who perhaps wont give chase. I'd say don't text while walking in the city. That's when they'll try and get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

kjl wrote: »
    Let's hope he doesn't kill uncle Ben

i really like his rice.

Advertisement