Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cohiba Siglo IV- any good?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Thinking of splashing out on a couple of these next pay day. Are they any good? Anyone here try them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Very nice smoke. Take 30-40 minutes somewhere nice and quiet and comfortable and enjoy them. You'll be hard pushed to find poor reviews of Siglo's. Though they are never going to be the best flavoured cigar you'll ever smoke they are a constant with a high production value, they draw beautifully.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Thanks OldGoat.

im looking at about 23 quid for a single I take it yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Not sure of the current Brick&Morter price but that sounds about right. Are you a regular cigar smoker or just dipping your foot in? If you are new then try a couple of Partagas D4's, a bit cheaper but still a great cigar.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

still new. Something i do at least once a month.

Have to say loving it so far!

Ill look into the Partagas D4

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

i have a pack of 3 of these in tubos.
    i have given up smoking so if you are interested p.m. me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Cohibas are a beautiful cigar, whichever one you smoke. Very pricey in Ireland, you'll get them much cheaper in Spain. Or indeed Cuba. But Spain is cheaper to get to ;)
    EDIT. I'm smoking one now, I've been off fags 3 months now, and I had a moment of weakness, but hey, I didn't have one at new years eve :)
    Anyway, apart from going all the way to Cuba (which is an interesting trip, once you don't stay at the exclusive resorts) it's worth going to Spain to pick up some, you'll be able to pay the air fare and then some with the cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lush

Are they that cheaper in Spain, I'm not doubting you, I just don't know how much they are over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Cohibas are a beautiful cigar, whichever one you smoke. Very pricey in Ireland, you'll get them much cheaper in Spain. Or indeed Cuba. But Spain is cheaper to get to ;)
    EDIT. I'm smoking one now, I've been off fags 3 months now, and I had a moment of weakness, but hey, I didn't have one at new years eve :)
    Anyway, apart from going all the way to Cuba (which is an interesting trip, once you don't stay at the exclusive resorts) it's worth going to Spain to pick up some, you'll be able to pay the air fare and then some with the cheaper price.

I don't think you will save the air fair by buying cigars.
    Yes they are cheaper due to excise but its only worthwhile if you are going to Spain for holiday/business. I have heard of people going over to buy their cigs for a couple of months but that's another story.

If you are in Spain and get the chance to go to Gibraltar, then there are definite savings there but it's a pain in neck having to queue going through Spanish customs.

nanook wrote: »

Yes they are cheaper due to excise but its only worthwhile if you are going to Spain for holiday/business. I have heard of people going over to buy their cigs for a couple of months but that's another story.

If you are in Spain and get the chance to go to Gibraltar, then there are definite savings there but it's a pain in neck having to queue going through Spanish customs.

A Cohiba IV is €23.50 in Fox's, how much would one be in Spain?

Might change my holiday destination from France to Spain if cigars are that much cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Lush wrote: »

Might change my holiday destination from France to Spain if cigars are that much cheaper...
    Not sure of the IV but I got a 5 pack of lanceros for around 80.
    In Gibraltar I got the behike 56 for around 220 approx along with many others ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

nanook wrote: »

I buy them when holidaying there, I wouldn't be going there specifically to buy cigars. Though having said that, you would save the air fare buying 8 or 10 cigars there. I'm off the fags now, but I used to max out on the amount of cigarettes and tobacco you can bring back and not have to buy smokes in Ireland for 6 months, my holidays well and truly paid for themselves, and then some. You can legally bring 1 kilo of tobacco back + 800 cigarettes, you can buy 100 gramme pots of American Spirit and Pueblo for about €12. (both 100% natural tobacco, no additives) for some bizarre reason you cannot get American Spirit in Ireland.
    Lush wrote: »

Cohiba II's cost about €12.50 in Barcelona, I enquired about them in Fox's a couple of years ago, they were about €25, as far as I recall.
    Edit. It was about 5 years ago when I enquired in Fox's, they probably cost a bit more there now. I might have been enquiring about Cohiba V's, it was a while ago :), but I have a 5 pack of II's that cost €62.50 in Barcelona, so there's a comparison to make.

I have a 5 pack of II's that cost €62.50 in Barcelona, so there's a comparison to make.

Cohiba Siglo II's €74.95 for a 5 pack in Fox's or €16 each. So there is a saving alright, about €2 per cigar, not much really…:( Still that is only the Cohibas, maybe better savings to be had on others…
    :cool:

Advertisement