Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Ache

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

Hi my friend is 26 weeks gone and has been getting terrible back ache.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how this can be helped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

kitten_k wrote: »
    Hi my friend is 26 weeks gone and has been getting terrible back ache.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how this can be helped?
    Sit with a hot water behind her back, I would swear by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yep a hot water is the miracle cure during pregnancy. Apart from that swimming and physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks girls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Ive suffered with my back my entire pregnancy, from about week 8. I ended up going to the physio...if its bad enough I would suggest trying to get in there. I now have a large brace which helps support my bump and pelvis and I would be crippled without it! Also I pretty much have my hot water bottle attached to me! it really helps ease the pain! Best of luck to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

+1 on the hot water bottle. It's a permanent fixture for me in the afternoon. Only 16 weeks and already suffering, but I fractured a vertebra less than two years ago so things starting for move and expand is not helping :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I also brought it into hospital with me for labour...god send! :)

I'm propped up in bed with a hot water bottle on my back as I type :P

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

My pregnancy yoga teacher said you get backache if you sleep on your back a lot. She said to try sleeping on your side (esp your left side) with a pillow between your legs as this supports the lower back. Apparently! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

holding wrote: »
    My pregnancy yoga teacher said you get backache if you sleep on your back a lot. She said to try sleeping on your side (esp your left side) with a pillow between your legs as this supports the lower back. Apparently! :)

I think this depends on the person- I find that sleeping on my side actually strains my back more unless i have a pillow wedged behind it. For me what works the best is sleeping sitting nearly upright (not so comfortable, but its the only way i can get rest!) as sleeping on the back isnt recommended further in pregnancy and does get quite uncomfortable after a little while!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've had back he since about week 15. It only gets bad when I sit on a soft sofa. I managed to get a place on the free physio classes in the coombe which is better than nothing. Hoping prenatal Pilates will help as well.

• Advertisement

I started pregnancy yoga tonight and all I can say is .... wow! I had a blinding headache and a sore back going in and I came out with a spring in my step. It definitely makes a huge difference.

Advertisement