Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which car???

• 05-11-2012 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi.
    I'm looking at buying an 02 - 03 primera. The main question I have is which model tl buy. The 1.6 or the 1.8 petrol or the 2.2 deseil... will be mainly using the car fr driving too work in Europe / UK so a lot of motorway driving....

Any help really grateful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The diesel then.

Or something else altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shaneboyle

What else would you recommend???

Not really to sure what to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you buying it in Ireland? What's the budget

In ireland about 2000€

Needs a big enough boot for toolbox etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Shaneboyle wrote: »
    In ireland about 2000€

Needs a big enough boot for toolbox etc.

How big is the toolbox!!! :D

Must be a monster!

Octavia...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Personally i wouldn't touch a primera, one of the least reliable jap cars out there.

Diesel Octavia would be a good bet

Personally i wouldn't touch a primera, one of the least reliable jap cars out there.

Diesel Octavia would be a good bet
    Very few on the market for price range at de moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Shaneboyle wrote: »
    Very few on the market for price range at de moment...

Blame the felters, i will be selling my 02 1.4 petrol Octy before christmas for around 1-1.2k, im suprised that diesels can't be got for 2k tbh. Good cars overall though clutches on them have loads of travel though, it's like driving a tractor. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

My dad is in a similar postion works in the uk and has a load of tools he brings with him. He also does a lot of driving. And he got a 2005 new model octavia 1.9tdi and he loves it. I can't really think of a better car for the money that would suit his needs any better. Reliable economical and a huge boot for all the tools. For 2k I don't see why you wouldn't get a 2001 2002 1.9tdi octavia and even that model is a great car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,339 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You would get a Peugeot 406 HDi on that budget. Very comfy seats for mile eating and generally cheaper than any of the VAG diesels of similar age. Get a tidy one that has been looked after and it should last you a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭markoire

bazz26 wrote: »
    You would get a Peugeot 406 HDi on that budget. Very comfy seats for mile eating and generally cheaper than any of the VAG diesels of similar age. Get a tidy one that has been looked after and it should last you a bit.

OP, as baz26 has said I'd be going for a well looked after 2.0hdi 407 on that budget. A volvo s40 1.9d should come in on your budget as well, they use a generally reliable renualt diesel engine as far as I know.

Advertisement