Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into the "scene"

Options
  • 04-11-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Hello Boardies!

Ive been a band two years, weve just all gone 18 and so were thinking about going into the pub scene. We play Lizzy, Artic Monkeys, Christy Moore and all the classic stuff, and played a wedding and got a good response.

Whats the scene like?Is it dead?Any tips from personal experience(including lengthy stories!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

I'd recommend checking out a few gigs at Sweeney's on Dame St. or The Grand Social. Mostly free I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I'd recommend checking out a few gigs at Sweeney's on Dame St. or The Grand Social. Mostly free I think.

Thanks!Yes I should have said were in Kildare and as far as Im aware the only gigs are in big towns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Check out some bands on bandcamp perhaps?

My recommendations off the top of my head:

A Dark Horse
    Cujo Family
    The Ambience Affair
    Fox E and the Good Hands
    Kasper Rosa

And you could subscribe to Sweeneys facebook page to get an idea of some of the more active bands around. Some wouldn't say no to a gig in Kildare if they were invited down to play I would imagine.

Also, from what I remember there's a lot of great music/musicians coming out of Newbridge in/near Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Check out some bands on bandcamp perhaps?

My recommendations off the top of my head:

A Dark Horse
    Cujo Family
    The Ambience Affair
    Fox E and the Good Hands
    Kasper Rosa

And you could subscribe to Sweeneys facebook page to get an idea of some of the more active bands around. Some wouldn't say no to a gig in Kildare if they were invited down to play I would imagine.

Also, from what I remember there's a lot of great music/musicians coming out of Newbridge in/near Naas.

Yeah were from Newbridge,are you talking about supporting these bands?I'll check 'em out, I love Irish acts

Advertisement