Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing speakers to cinema system?

Options
  • 04-11-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm wondering if I can replace the rear speakers on this for some more substantial wooden floor standing speakers (without breaking the bank1). Its more for appearance but can anyone advise (a) if this would work without completely imbalancing the sound and (b) any thoughts on speakers that might suit? I've tried to figure out resistance/impedence but I'm lost TBH!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

You need 4ohm speakers according to the manual, but tbh I wouldn't waste my money buying speakers for this, you are not going to hear any difference and you are likely going to have to spend at least more than half what that system is worth. Save your cash and get a dedicated AVR and seperate speakers if you want to go down that route, otherwise leave it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Cheers. That's what I feared. Its hard to do this stuff on the cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If that thing outputs 1.1Kw I'll eat my first born.

Ken

Advertisement