Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone try yoga?

Options
  • 04-11-2012 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

so I quit drinking 8 months ago after a decade of madness, heavy drinking, plenty of recreational drug-taking etc. My life was chaotic, and I hadnt experienced genuine happiness for quite some time. So decided to call it quits.

When I first quit I began to get into fitness to fill the time, relieve boredom and generally feel better physically and mentally. But I was having flexibility issues so decided to give yoga a shot. Anyway Ive found that yoga has given me much more than increased flexibility, the mental benefits are huge, its calming, it gives peace of mind, it relieves anxiety, makes me more present, and these days I even catch myself being happy the odd time for no reason, which is very new to me!

Also yoga classes tend to finish with a short period of meditation for added serenity, though the entire process of yoga is meditative in itself.

Anyone else try yoga? and notice similar benefits ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I regularly do yoga also. It's amazing. I find it very relaxing and a good way of switching off :-)

Advertisement