Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Student

Options
  • 04-11-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am currently in Leaving Cert in Galway and I want to do Criminal Justice Studies in Waterford next year. The only thing that is putting me off it is the distance and the fact if I dont like it. I am just wondering is their anyone who out there who has any advice for me? And I am also concerned about the accomodation. Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Well I'd definitely advise you or anyone else for that matter to get as much information on a course as possible before you start. If you don't get any reply regarding that on here, maybe email the course leader or even see if you can arrange to go to Waterford someday and see can you talk to someone doing the course. The drop out rate for first years in any course is huge and most of it is down to people not investigating the course properly before they start; thinking the course involves one thing when it involves another.

As for the accommodation it's fine. There's plenty of college approved accommodation around as well as private housing near the college. The college approved accommodation is kind of basic but then again you're a student and it's really easy to meet people as you're all in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JonG

thanks alot for the advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm from Gaillimh myself and am down in waterford for 3 years now. The distance isn't too bad, there are regular buses although it does take like a trillion hours.
    Waterford is a lot like Galway except smaller.
    The college accommodation is nice, lots of options to choose from, just check out the WIT website, it's handy for 1st years, you'll find that you'll want out of college accom for beyond first year though.
    I know quite a few people doing criminal justice, it's a lot of law and psychology from what I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiamhMP

hi JonG, just wondering are you still going ahead with this course ? I'm also from galway and starting CJ next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JonG

NiamhMP wrote: »
    hi JonG, just wondering are you still going ahead with this course ? I'm also from galway and starting CJ next week :)

Hi Niamh! No im not...I was offered it but I didnt accept it because to be honest I dont think it was the course for me in the end! I done a lot of research into it. I am thinking of repeating because I didnt get on too well in the LC. And I want to do Sports Science or Sport therapy with rehabilitation :) best of luck with CJ though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement