Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

badminton league:home games

Options
  • 04-11-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

recently started playing badminton again.i played league games at juvenile level years ago but have never played in adult league.im just wondering what the general practice is for after a game. What do you provide? tea and biscuits, sandwiches etc. at juvenile level it was always minerals and biscuits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

recently started playing badminton again.i played league games at juvenile level years ago but have never played in adult league.im just wondering what the general practice is for after a game. What do you provide? tea and biscuits, sandwiches etc. at juvenile level it was always minerals and biscuits

Hard to tell from user name if you're male/female. Sexist as this might sound, I find in mens league a lot of the time no one bothers too much with the whole after-match chat/food thing - the past couple of years we've rarely done it for a visiting team and the only odd exception is if they feed us at the away leg.

In mixed and ladies matches yeah it still happens. Don't play mixed myself anymore but typically within the team for each match you'd split out the jobs of bringing tea (cups, bags, coffee, kettle), sambos or biscuits/cake. Depends on whether you're playing at the level of 4-person or 8-person mixed teams as to how much you'll bring or how often you'll be asked to bring something! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭smallgarden

thanks for that.im a woman, playing in ladies and possibly mixed team.didnt realise there were 4 and 8 person mixed teams so not sure which one it'll be.i was hoping to judge it on what we got away but our first match is a home match.

thanks for that.im a woman, playing in ladies and possibly mixed team.didnt realise there were 4 and 8 person mixed teams so not sure which one it'll be.i was hoping to judge it on what we got away but our first match is a home match.

For the mixed if it's Division 1/2/3 it'll be 4-person and if it's 4-10 then 8-person. Assuming you're just starting back up I'm guessing it'll be an 8-person team so you'll be bringing enough food/drink for 16 people! For ladies it'll always be a four-person team. Depending on facilities in your hall you might need to bring everything. e.g. in our hall in the past we'd have to bring everything from cups/kettle/coffee/tea/sugar/milk. Keep in mind where the away team are coming from - the odd time you'll find a team with a long drive home only stay a couple of minutes then leg it!

were division ten all the way so hoping people will be relaxed about what we provide and not be too fussy but dont want to offend people either, feeding sixteen people sounds like an awful lot of people.do all 16 play or is that including subs?

were division ten all the way so hoping people will be relaxed about what we provide and not be too fussy but dont want to offend people either, feeding sixteen people sounds like an awful lot of people.do all 16 play or is that including subs?

Assuming an 8-person team then yeah everyone plays one doubles and one mixed, so 8 matches (best of 3 sets each) in total.

• Advertisement

ah right,didnt realise there were ladies doubles and mens doubles as part of the mixed games,its so different from juvenile,is all this stuff online anywhere?

ah right,didnt realise there were ladies doubles and mens doubles as part of the mixed games,its so different from juvenile,is all this stuff online anywhere?

Yep you'll find it all on this page.

Actually I stand corrected - Division 10 is a four person team (2 men, 2 women) also, so less mouths to feed!
    16. Composition & Order of Play
    For Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 & Division 10, the Team Format and Order of Play is as follows;
    • Mixed League:
    Team shall consist 4 Players, 2 Men and 2 Ladies who shall play 1 Men’s Doubles, 1 Ladies Doubles and 2 Mixed Doubles. No Player shall take part in more than 2 Matches. No pairing shall take part in more than 1 Match. - 4 Matches in all.
    • Mixed Cup: ( Division 1, Division 2 & Division 3 Only )
    Team shall consist 4 Players, 2 Men and 2 Ladies who shall play 1 Men’s Singles, 1 Ladies Singles, 1 Men’s Doubles, 1 Ladies Doubles and 1 Mixed Doubles. - 5 Matches in all.
    • Mixed Cup: ( Division 10 Only )
    Team shall consist 4 Players, 2 Men and 2 Ladies who shall play 1 Men’s Doubles, 1 Ladies Doubles and 2 Mixed Doubles, No Player shall take part in more than 2 Matches. No pairing shall take part in more than 1 Match. - 4 Matches in all.
    • Men’s & Ladies League & Cup:
    Team shall consist 4 Players, 2 pairs who shall play both pairs from the opposition - 4 Matches in all.

For Divisions 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9, the Team Format and Order of Play is as follows
    • Mixed League:
    Teams shall consist 8 Players, 4 Men and 4 Ladies who shall play 2 Men’s Doubles, 2 Ladies Doubles, and 4 Mixed Doubles. No Player shall take part in more than 2 Matches. No pairing shall take part in more than 1 Match. Each Player must play 1 Doubles and 1 Mixed - 8 Matches in all.
    • Mixed Cup:
    Teams shall consist 8 Players, 4 men and 4 Ladies, who shall play 1 Men’s singles, 1 Ladies Singles, 2 Men’s Doubles, 2 Ladies Doubles and 3 Mixed Doubles. No Player shall take part in more than 2 Matches, no pairing shall play more than 1 Match - 9 Matches in all.
    • Men’s & Ladies League:
    Team shall consist 4 Players, 2 pairs who shall play both pairs from the opposition - 4 Matches in all.
    • Men’s & Ladies Cup:

thanks a million, we won our first match, i was wondering in ladies dopubles (im assuming mens is the same) when playing the second set of doubles how do you decide who plays first, as one team is at an obvious disadvantage if there doubles pair is playing matches back to back

thanks a million, we won our first match, i was wondering in ladies dopubles (im assuming mens is the same) when playing the second set of doubles how do you decide who plays first, as one team is at an obvious disadvantage if there doubles pair is playing matches back to back

Coin toss between the third and fourth matches with the winners deciding to pick who plays next. That said, if you're in a multi-court hall sometimes you'll find both might be able to go on together. Also, some pairings prefer to stay on and play two in a row - for example if it's a cold hall and they're nice and warm, or if they won the first match comfortably enough and want to keep going.

Congrats on the win!

thanks,thats what we did but werent sure if there was a proper way to do it

• Advertisement
Advertisement