Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Album from webserver

Options
  • 04-11-2012 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm trying to stream an album from my webserver (Apache on Ubuntu) so that I can play it on firefox clients. At the moment each album is in its own folder and I can select an individual song to play, that works fine. However I have to manually select the next song. :( Want to play an album or playlist start to finish without lots of clicking.

Have tried using m3u files to create playlists but firefox doesn't seem to like that.

Anyone done something similar? Would be interested to hear how you set it up.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You should look into subsonic

I have it on my local ubuntu server here and I think its really good.

Free version allows you to connect to the server using PCs. Donation version allows you to connect with mobile devices

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

+1 for subsonic. Really nice.
    Might even donate!
    Thanks witnessmenow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Forked DAAP works well. There is also a Android client so mobile devices can work with it.

Advertisement