Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's most expensive terraced house, £100million. Worth it or not?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

definitely not worth that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I would take the one for 2500 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

A fool and his money are easily parted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Too cheap for me and only room for two cars. Handy for Baker St Tube mind!

I'll take this one on the other side of the park instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

That kitchen looks like the one in the 1 star hotel I work in..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Wouldnt pay more than 3 fiddy for it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks like a Bond villain's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I read on the Sun website that the cheapest terrace house in the UK went on the market in Middlesbrough recently. The reserve was 750 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

If I had a £100 million - I wouldn't be buying gaffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah cause that's what I picture when I hear "terraced house"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

stoneill wrote: »
    If I had a £100 million - I wouldn't be buying gaffs.

Why not? If I were mega rich I'd flaunt it and show the world my awesome wealth, I'd probably buy an estate in the country with vast acres of land for my newly bought horses to roam..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,391 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You would have to live in London though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Wonder if the UK property market is going to go bust anytime soon? Prices are nuts. But I guess the Sheiks can afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Not to mention a mansion, weren't the NYC apartments that were in danger of being totalled by an unstable crane going for that price too.. which would you rather? though all mod cons does trump old hippy aroma.

Must have been some squat. In the corner I mean... all of em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Meh weather would just be to bad, wouldn't get the best of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Nice property but why bother earning 100m to spend 20 times what a property is worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That terrace at the end of the article is a staggering forty thousand times cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wouldn't mind owning it; it'd be great for gaff parties. I'd also see how many Irish flags I could fly off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I would estimate it is worth approximately between 3.49 and 3.51

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I actually think Its worth it.i mean Its an unbelieveable house.And besides you Get a lot for The 100million compared to The apartments that were going on sale in London a while back for 115 million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

houses in Malahide and Howth are nicer than that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

For the size of the house the kitchen looks fairly dingy and cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It is gorgeous but I wouldn't buy it even if I could. Its too big, would be good for family reunions and parties etc but for actually living in on a daily basis its just too massive. A slightly smaller version with less bedrooms and reception rooms and no massive kitchen in the basement would be perfect, the courtyard, terrace and pool are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

In fairness it's end of terrace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

houses in Malahide and Howth are nicer than that

LIke this one for *only* €2.5mil!
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-abington-malahide-co-dublin/2072154

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭TheCatsMeow

The dungeon kitchen looks like a prison. The other family kitchen looks like something you could buy from Argos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Wonder if the UK property market is going to go bust anytime soon? Prices are nuts. But I guess the Sheiks can afford it.

When it comes to residential property, a 25 mile radius of Piccadilly Circus and the rest of the UK are in different planets.

The Sheiks, and in more recent years Russians wouldn't be able to find places like Birmingham, Manchester or Newcastle on a map.

Unless there is a high profile Premiership team on the market up there for them to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Lapin wrote: »

When it comes to residential property, a 25 mile radius of Piccadilly Circus and the rest of the UK are in different planets.

The Sheiks, and in more recent years Russians wouldn't be able to find places like Birmingham, Manchester or Newcastle on a map.

Unless there is a high profile Premiership team on the market up there for them to play around with.

Exactly. That house could fetch £100m easy, considering the billionaire oligarchs who wouldn't consider the price for one second. "I like it, I take it!"

One can't compare London to Dublin. London is probably the best city in the world.

I'm sure there's some decent mansions for sale in Roscommon, but its Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

They can stick their gaff up their hole (s.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The garden is my favourite part of it, some place for a party.

Advertisement