Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing NAT on Xbox360 (Help Please!)

Options
  • 04-11-2012 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Okay, so recently i switched broadband providers from eircom to vodafone, and now whenever i try to play online on my xbox, it says the NAT was 'strict' and it would limit my xbox live features. It really annoys me, because before switching everything was fine, my NAT was always 'open'.

I talked to vodafone on twitter, and they sent me a link to this site

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/EchoLife-HG556a/Xbox_Live_360.htm

I followed all the steps and everything worked out fine. My NAT was on open again. But then, when i tried to go on the internet on my laptop, it wouldn't work. It said that i was 'connected' but didn't have internet access. I changed the settings on the wireless network connection back to how they were and then the internet came back, but when i done that the NAT changed back to strict.

How to do I get my NAT to be 'open' but also have internet on my pc at the same time? Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Did you assign a static IP address to the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joshwbu

i done something like that, sorry not too good and these sort of things :p

I followed the steps on that site. And i went 'Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network Connections > Wireless Network Connection > Properties' and i went into 'Internet Protocol Version 4' and pressed 'Use the following IP Adress, and changed it to the static IP address i just made (I think!)

But now i've switched it back, cause i needed to use the internet on my laptop. Sorry if this is all confusing haha

No bother, Im just looking at the manual to see how to set the fixed IP address for the xbox 360

Log into the router, go to LAN and see if you can find a list of attached devices.

how do i log onto the router? Im typing the IPv4 address into the search bar but it wont open up anything?

• Advertisement

On your pc click on start -> and in the search box type cmd and press enter if its windows xp click starts -> run and type cmd and press enter

enter the command ipconfig and press enter

the info that is returned will have a default gateway address(usually 192.168.1.1 or sometimes 192.168.1.254).

Type that address into the Address Bar not the search bar.

According to vodafone the login details are:

When prompted for login details use the following:

User name: admin

Password: VF-IRhg556

On newer versions of the firmware, the username and password have changed to:

Username: advanced
    Password: advanced

oh! i just checked my xbox again, turned it off an turned the wifi on it off, the rechecked and everything seems to be fine? as well as the internet on my laptop! I don't know what happened, but it all seems to be grand now haha. Thanks for your help and time :)

Ha No bother

Advertisement