Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly the Dumbest bank robbery attempt..

Options
  • 03-11-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I would love to have seen this happen :D

I'm sure stupider crimes have been attempted, but i've never heard one in Ireland.
    A WOMAN has been spared jail for acting as the getaway driver for her husband as he tried to rob a building society dressed as a woman in a wheelchair.
    Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard that Denise Ward (39) waited in the car while her husband Thomas Clark entered Permanent TSB being pushed in a wheelchair by his accomplice Martin Collins.
    Clark was wearing a poor quality black wig and was posing as a woman who wanted to invest €2.9m she had been awarded by the State.
    The pair were chased out of the building by the manager when he realised Clark was wearing a disguise and their "gun" was an axe covered in duct tape.
    Det Sgt Peter Woods told the court that the getaway car had already been noticed by a passer-by and shortly afterwards gardai arrested Ward and she admitted her role.
    Ward, of Chaplains Place, Dublin 22, pleaded guilty to attempted robbery at Permanent TSB on Lower Kilmacud Road, Stillorgan, on October 20, 2010. She has one child with Clark and six previous convictions for minor matters
    Clark has already being jailed for six years with two suspended for this and other crimes while Collins, of Neilstown Gardens, Clondalkin, got three years for his role.
    Judge Martin Nolan accepted that Ward had played a minor role in the raid and imposed a three-year suspended sentence.

Independent
    Herald

Anyone heard dumber?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

What about those lads that drew the masks onto their faces using permanent marker. Will look for a link and edit.

Edit: Here it is http://boingboing.net/2009/10/29/robbers-wearing-mark.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What about those lads that drew the masks onto their faces using permanent marker. Will look for a link and edit.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Judge Martin Nolan accepted that Ward had played a minor role in the raid and imposed a three-year suspended sentence.
    Being a getaway driver is a minor role?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

This guy:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Ward :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

A fella in my town went into the local supermarket and bought a pair of ladies tights. The feckin retard then went outside, put the tights over his head, walked back into the shop and tried to rob the place with a banana sticking out through his jacket pocket. As if the girls working in the shop would fail to recognise him 3 minutes later, tights over his head or no tights over his head! He would have been in the shop most days as well afaik......

What a spanner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

"Clark has already being jailed for"

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

A good few years back the bank in Lanesboro (wee fishing village on the shannon on the Longford/Roscommon border) was robbed by two large dim chaps. The bank staff twigging to the fact that the robbers were not the brightest gave them several large sacks of coinage. The robbers made their get away on a Honda 50 which already overladen with two grown men now also had several extra pound of copper coins. The Guards gave chase, at about 20 mph and nearly crashed several times from laughing so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hmmmm. I thought this was familiar....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056710680

• Registered Users Posts: 13,391 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

goose2005 wrote: »
    Being a getaway driver is a minor role?

I would have thought everyone would land actual time for a bank robbery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement