Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 sets of speakers - 1 assigned to each monitor

Options
  • 03-11-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I have 2 Monitors. And 2 sets of speakers. And i can plug in both sets of speakers. However If i play 2 sets of audios eg 2 youtube videos. The 2 speakers play both sounds.

Can i get a program or configure windows in some way to have 1 set of speakers play only whats on my left monitor and the other speakers play the audio that is on the right monitor.

Thanks.
    Edit : Running windows 7 home 64 bit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Since both monitors are likely on the graphics card (HDMI) the sound will be the same on both monitors.

As a workaround you can assign different audio output devices (i.e. the internal sound card and the HDA/HDMI audio controller, which feeds the monitors) to different applications.

Tutorial, Vista Audio Changer download.

As for Youtube, just open the two videos in different browsers and assign the sound card to one browser and HDA/HDMI audio to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Torqay wrote: »
    Since both monitors are likely on the graphics card (HDMI) the sound will be the same on both monitors.

As a workaround you can assign different audio output devices (i.e. the internal sound card and the HDA/HDMI audio controller, which feeds the monitors) to different applications.

Tutorial, Vista Audio Changer download.

As for Youtube, just open the two videos in different browsers and assign the sound card to one browser and HDA/HDMI audio to the other.

Very strangely one is on the graphics card and the other is on internal graphics. I know its stupid but when i plug the 2 monitors into the graphics card the dvi slot didnt work .

Any suggestions.

You have both monitors connected to HDMI?

How do you get sound to the other monitor? 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo?

You have both monitors connected to HDMI?

How do you get sound to the other monitor? 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo?

1 monitor(with built in speakers) connected to 3.5mm in the front panel.
    I have the speakers(external speakers on there own) connected 3.5mm to the back of the pc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

a hack would be to setup a virtual machine, and use a USB sound card

• Advertisement

bpb101 wrote: »
    when i plug the 2 monitors into the graphics card the dvi slot didnt work .

Correct drivers installed? Faulty card?

Correct drivers installed? Faulty card?
    na , its working grand .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

some programs will let you choose which device to use for playback of files or media streams
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1241730/how-to-change-default-audio-device-in-vlc
    when you go into settings at the bottom where it says simple and all, click all and WHOLE bunch of stuff will show up. Expand "Audio" and it will show Filters, Output Modules, and etc. Click on Output Modules and it will open up with Direct X, File, and Waveout. You want to click on Direct X

From there you look on the right where it says Output Device with a drop menu select the one you want it to use and it should work.

can't see this being a feature in a browser

Advertisement