Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating ideas in dublin? Help needed

Options
  • 03-11-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

I'm new to this, so going to try work a few thing out! So I'm looking for ideas for a second Date in Dublin. We have gone for dinner and drinks on the first date and now I'm looking for something different but fun! I looked into skiing in but you need to take part in classes and that a bit too serious?

Help required? 😍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

go to a comedy gig, there is loads of pubs doing comedy nights everynight of the week, just look them up online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hop On Hop Off Tour Bus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The Zoo,has to be the zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

pmcmahon wrote: »
    The Zoo,has to be the zoo.

Walk along the seafront, trip to a gig or comedy show as mentioned. Dr sketchys, now thats a good one! :-) she will enjoy that im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I vote Zoo - easy to keep the conversation flowing. Comedy gig is just the pair of you watching some guy being funny or not - thats for when you;re 10 years married and can't stand the sight of each other anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Bit of live music always goes down well! Take in a gig or go to a live session somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Juls59

The zoo maybe that bit long, comedies I laugh internally and friends have said there no fun with me cause I don't laugh out loud! Live music I'm into that, keep the ideas coming I'm hoping someone will hit gold for me! Is there anything on this week that I don't know about(probably a lot as I'm so not clued in) Thanks for the ideas so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Where are you based?

There's an ice skating rink up at Dundrum Centre already, a few nice places to eat close by too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Juls59 wrote: »
    ... I laugh internally and friends have said there no fun with me cause I don't laugh out loud!
    Definitely something to work on - a sense of humour is important, so hopefully you have one and can demonstrate it... GSOH and all that!

Anyway, how about:

Bowling

Snooker or pool

Go-karting

Dr Quirkey's

Botanic Gardens (closes 16:30 in winter; bring some monkey nuts for the squirrels, and a camera)

Zoo is always a good idea - unless you/her have issues about animals in captivity...

Dublinia

Viking Tour

Newgrange

Pitch & Putt

Skyfall

If you decide to do anything 'competitive', pick something at which you are not skilled (you don't want to be the obvious winner).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I advise starting steady on first second third dates ... getting to know if you like your partner's company. Too much action just camouflages it. Also if you start with action action action .... where do you go then ? it puts a lot of pressure to keep thinking of 'exciting' things ...... my two cents ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Totally agree with Piliger on this. Continue with dinner and/or drinks, you're getting to know one another, just have fun and have it naturally - anything too "taaadddaaaaa" would put some people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

walk in the botanic gardens and then a few pints in the gravediggers, throw in a look around glasnevin cemetary too... although facing your frail existence and the grim face of morality might be more of a forth date kinda thing

Advertisement