Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wlad v Wach

Options
  • 03-11-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭

Heard on another forum that ESPN are showing this but I don't see it advertised, am i missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

10 bells tonight I think on ESPN

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Can anyone confirm that this fight is on ESPN tonight at 10?

I have been checking all over the net and cant find any info on it

cheers

Yep deffo on ESPN @ 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Lets get some build up music into this thread

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune!

Hope this lad ****ing knocks that big nosed **** out, Sick of these 2 brothers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune!

Hope this lad ****ing knocks that big nosed **** out, Sick of these 2 brothers

You're in for a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

trixyben wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that this fight is on ESPN tonight at 10?

I have been checking all over the net and cant find any info on it

cheers

Channel 417 ESPN are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Strange not to see vitali walking into the ring with him? Usually together for every fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Was he not standing behind him during the anthem?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Yep my mistake, Watching it on a dodgy stream. Can't see this lasting too long, wach looks clueless already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

This should have been stopped by now. Man is getting battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

God Wach is just awful my god how slow can you be i kinda feel sorry for the guy he really is takeing a beating from wlad i honestly dont see klitschko being beaten within the next 4 years unless he gets KO by a lucky punch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Yet another mismatch. Wach was as tough as they come but just had nothing near the ability to trouble Klitschko.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

These ESPN guys make me sick. Full of anti Klitschko venom. Tim Witherspoon is the worst, like he would have a chance in his prime against the Klitschko's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

These ESPN guys make me sick. Full of anti Klitschko venom. Tim Witherspoon is the worst, like he would have a chance in his prime against the Klitschko's!

some fairly disgraceful venom from Maloney, saying Wlad is just happy he doesn't have to pay Manny Stewart his 10% anymore. Basically saying he doesn't give a ****.

Has the balls to say Wlad fights bums and David Price is doing things the right way. If fighting a 45 year old Matt Skelton is "doing things the right way" then boxing is f*cked.

He spent a good 10 mins basically calling Wach a bum, Bunce then announces that Wach actually beat Price comfortably in the amateurs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Frank Maloney is an utter scumbag with that Manny Steward comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Frank Maloney is an utter scumbag with that Manny Steward comment

Agree that was so disrespectful to say about both Manny and Wlad both of whom have more class in their toes then that scum in his entire body, the way Maloney talks you'd swear Price had beaten world class fighters and not the awful bums he has been beating Price seems like a nice lad but those kinda comments from Frank make me want to see Wlad KO him if they do fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Wach nothing more than a punch bag through the bout,no one about to touch the brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I went to bed after 6 rds. Wach was pretty poor I thought. I just wish Wlad had decimated him. Wlad a little too content to just do enough. Wach was tough, but he was there for the taking right from the first bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

The fight should have been stopped in the 7th or 8th (can't remember which when wlad was hammering him). Bunce and the others were very critical of Wlad even saying Fury or Price would give him a good fight.

Very hard to listen to commentators criticise the guy saying he was boring and expect him to mix it up more. Wlad has dominated the sport with his style, the aim of boxing is to hit and not get hit, I'm surprised you have guys being paid for their opinion that feel Wlad should work more on the inside.

He can only beat the guys around him, they were even saying how Booth was holding Haye back and he would have done better without him. I had enough of them after the comments on Manny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

colly10 wrote: »
    The fight should have been stopped in the 7th or 8th (can't remember which when wlad was hammering him). Bunce and the others were very critical of Wlad even saying Fury or Price would give him a good fight.

Very hard to listen to commentators criticise the guy saying he was boring and expect him to mix it up more. Wlad has dominated the sport with his style, the aim of boxing is to hit and not get hit, I'm surprised you have guys being paid for their opinion that feel Wlad should work more on the inside.

He can only beat the guys around him, they were even saying how Booth was holding Haye back and he would have done better without him. I had enough of them after the comments on Manny

Maloney showed his class last night, actually was shocked there was no apology after the break. Bunce seemed to think they were deep in "cutting edge analysis", i've never heard such nonsense in my life.

Promoters should not be allowed give their "opinion" as pundits anyway. David Price is a nice lad by all accounts, alot of people want to see him do well but his promoter will bring alot of heat on him now I think.

Witherspoon was also some goon, he doesn't see enough art in Klitschko's performances. Get that man some crayons :p

Wach was limited but my god he displayed one of the best chins i've seen in a long time.

Maloney and Co seem to forget that in order to land on Wlad you have to be willing to take a few bombs yourself. My bet is that despite Price's power, his chin will be shown up the first time Wlad lands even a stiff jab.

Fury will be KO'd but he'll go down swinging thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxing history without being floored. He was last floored in 2005 by Samuel Peter. Not bad for a guy who allegedly has a glass chin.

lol @ the British commentators trying to put Wlad down. Still feeling the pain of the comprehensive beating Wlad gave Haye I see.

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-11.jpeg

That was a disgusting comment by Maloney.

Advertisement