Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY TV

Options
  • 02-11-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hey Boarders,

Is anyone experiencing poor signal lately?

I've had a problem with signal for the last 1 and half, we don't even get 3e. We're got the dish replaced, moved around with new boxes and basically sky have said "tough luck" but over the last few days, channels are jumping and skipping and then not working at all.

Anyone else having similar problems??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

wendydoll wrote: »
    Hey Boarders,

I've had a problem with signal for the last 1 and half, we don't even get 3e. We're got the dish replaced, moved around with new boxes and basically sky have said "tough luck" but over the last few days, channels are jumping and skipping and then not working at all.

No, sorry. Can't say I've ever had problems with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

wendydoll wrote: »
    Hey Boarders,

Happened me recently, first of all the dish had moved slightly, once that was fixed it lasted about a week before the channels went again. The LNB had to be replaced, I had the old type. Perfect since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

threaten to leave and go with upc and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chewy Blaa

There's a guy out in Dunmore East who fixed our one last year - can't for the life of me remember his name but we had a similiar issue, turns out it was dodgy wiring from the satelitte dish to the receiver. We don't have the option of UPC where we live and Sky were completely useless.

Edit: after Googling, it may have been Coastal Multi Systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Yeah where I live I can't get 3e or one or two other lesser channels. Basically sky said there was another signal that blocks some of the sky signal where I live.
    Told me other people on the road don't even have the likes of channel 4 or bbc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah where I live I can't get 3e or one or two other lesser channels. Basically sky said there was another signal that blocks some of the sky signal where I live.

Smells like bull **** tbh, your dish just needs to be realigned properly and as has been previously mentioned, failing that, a replacement LNB. Where are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

We got our second box finally fixed during the week. Nothin wrong with lmb at all, the official sky lad just basically Bodge jobbed it. Brand new cable , fitted discretely from dish on back of house to downstairs front room. 50 smackers was all and took about 15 minutes to do. Sky wanted 150 direct debit even before they sent an engineer up . Owen Cunningham you legend, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Bless the Sky agent that concocted that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

We were told that upc signal is blocking the sky signal to our house :rolleyes: Even though we have 100% signal strength.

The only time we get to watch 3e is when the gales are howling. Getting fed up of them now. 3 engineers we've had out and the last guy said "basically there's no point in us calling out anymore. You just need to deal with not having those channels"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Jason Todd wrote: »
    No, sorry. Can't say I've ever had problems with Sky.

- Said no one, ever...

We had problems with our signal before, had the dish realigned and was grand after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement